1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gender expression help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by andieowen, Jan 16, 2017.

1. andieowen

Out Status:
    All but family
    Sometimes I'll wake up and feel very feminine. I'll wear a ton of makeup, do my hair, put on a dress, and walk around like that and be comfortable. Other days I'll slap on a binder/compression bra and wear jeans and a flannel with a backwards baseball cap because I'll feel extremely masculine. But most of the time I'll wake up, put on a little makeup and just wear jeans and a t-shirt because I won't really feel feminine or masculine. The problem is that no matter what I do or how I express myself, I always feel a little bit wrong. Whenever I'll look in the mirror I won't feel 100% comfortable with myself. I've also gone about changing my name from my very feminine birth name to a more gender-neutral one, which has helped my dysphoria A TON, but the pronouns and expression turmoil still keeps me down. Any suggestions on how to not feel so uncomfortable with myself?