1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else feel this way about their binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I love wearing my binder and have sworn off ever wearing a bra again, but sometimes the binder just serves to give me more dysphoria.

Like I have a DD chest and have had no success in getting it as flat as I would like. There is always a noticeable bump that seems to give me away to most people. It drives me a bit crazy and at times I don't want to leave the house because of it. I already wear an old sports bra to flatten more but still doesn't help much.

I don't layer much with my clothing. I'm not a fan of having more than a tee shirt, jeans, and sometimes jacket on.

2. randomconnorcon

I felt worse the first time I wore my binder, because it reminded me that I had have one to just to look a fraction of what I want (I have a larger chest, too, so it's never completely flat). It shouldn't have been this way in the first place.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, Sam.

The binder I actually don't wear that much these days because it is suffocating, I already have chronic back pain which I do not wish to exacerbate, and feeling it on me is a constant reminder that I don't have a naturally flat chest. I shudder to think of wearing it all the time when I'm presenting fully and publicly as male.

Typically I'll don the binder when I am under a lot of top dysphoria or going around peers for a class or what have you. The thought of other people noticing my chest, unbound, is humiliating. So I bind in public or wear layers. But at home it is just the sport brah and loose t shirt.

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a lotnof digestive issues and find eating with a binder on actually doesn't help either. But besides that I have had no pain in chest or back from it.

But yeah, I only wear my binder when out in public. The thought of walking around others without it is nerve wracking. But once at home i just take it off. No binder and no bra.

5. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an H. It's pretty hopeless. I'm getting reduction done to a D-ish size, so that I can more effectively bind.