1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School board meeting.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Jan 17, 2017.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tonight was the meeting about my friend and I using the bathrooms at school. I know legally my school can't force me out of the men's bathroom but I am so mad. Several parents went and I had to work concessions tonight so I was in the next room over with just a thin wall in between. I couldn't hear anything when I was at the school but from what I heard people were being exceptionally difficult. People are calling my friend and I perverts. Apparently we are faking just to get into the opposite bathroom and lockerroom. I am so mad about this i have been nothing but cooperative with my school even dealing with the stupid 2 week waiting period before using the men's bathroom and lockerroom and that's not even over until next week. My parents went and my mom left when things started to get heated forcing me and my friend to leave concessions because when the others started yelling we would be able to hear them. I am just so mad about this it's almost like having a lesbian in the girls lockerroom and out school obviously doesn't care about that since the gym teacher is a lesbian. I have no doubt that I'm going to get spoken to tomorrow and if my school asks me to wait longer I'm telling them I'm starting for use the bathroom this week because thy can't do that to me. I am so mad about this when it gets to the point where my mom doesn't want me in the school because she doesn't want me to hear what people will say and she is afraid of people's response if we left after the meeting it's gone out of hand. The only kids in our school who have any issues with us won't use the lockerroom st the same time as me and I've memorized when bathroom are empty for the girls and quickly will with the boys. Our biggest fear in my house is other parents response at school since I'm so involved with everything outside of school and online, my mom is afraid of what parents will say to me at events. I just don't know what to do I want to scream and hit something I'm so mad and I'm not a violent person. I just want some help to know I'll get over this and some help calming myself down.

2. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gods, I'm so so so sorry.(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) I can't even imagine what that must be like. Just remember that nothing those parents say is true. You are you. You can't change it, nor should you just because someone else has a problem with it. Those parents make me so mad.:***: :***: They have absolutely no right to say anything like that. Your parents fears are justified, sadly. But the fact that you're so involved is a good thing. Maybe the parents will finally come to their senses as they see you around... and if someone says something either stick up for yourself or just walk away. I know both can be difficult but both are good practices. This will get better. It may take awhile but you are a courageous young man. you will get through this. It may be rough for awhile but you have every right to do as you please. Also, the school board has no right to bar you from using the male locker rooms/restrooms. I see that you're from new York and new York does make it very clear that transgender students have the right to whichever sex segregated facility that they identify with. If your school tries to stop you, maybe reminding them of that could be a gentle (or not so gentle) push for them. You are so brave.:eusa_clap It'll get better. Just give it time. (*hug*)

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Damn, that's terrible. I hope their words aren't swaying you in any way, because they really aren't true. Someday those parents should come around, and until then you've just got to stick to it and hold on. If they don't then they're not worth your concern.

As Love dont judge said, you're incredibly brave for getting this far. I know too well the frustration you're feeling after being accusing of "faking" your gender. Take a moment to calm yourself down, do something that you enjoy or whatever distracts you. And know that you will get through this.

4. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the support. There is no way I'm letting them sway me. My dad told me that I should continue to use the nurses office bathroom after my waiting period I promised the school is over. My mom told me not to because it would be backing down and honestly I agree with her. It wasn't even the meeting I wasn't there it was the Facebook posts after the meeting I only saw one student on my timeline speak against us so many were supporting us and then the parents were there commenting on students posts about us. I am so emotionally drained from all of this and the only reason I am going to school today is to prove I'm not afraid and I'm not backing down from this.

5. oh my god I

That's crazy! You are being very strong and those parents should feel ashamed. Hang in there!