1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dr4gons, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Dr4gons

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, recently I've been feeling dysphoric, and it feels gross. I don't know, I've gotten along more with my brother than I have with my sisters. That's not it. I remember trying to hide puberty from my mother because my chest was growing. I didn't like it and I tried to keep it a secret. I'm not into makeup unless it's for cosplay. I don't like wearing dresses or skirts. I absolutely hate shaving, I refuse to. I don't like sports though, and I hate playing them. I always cut my hair short, I hate having long hair. I remember in second grade, my cousin got a masculine hair cut and I was envious of her. She's just a tom boy. I'm really anxious right now, so I'll leave it here. I really need some opinions. Thank you! <3

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not completely sure what you're asking for, are you wondering if you're trans male? Because disliking makeup and dresses doesn't prove much in the way of gender, as that relates more to expression rather than identity.

The dysphoria on the other hand may indicate something. Having said that, it isn't unheard of for butch lesbians to feel dysphoric towards their bodies. In order to look further into the possibility of being trans or non binary, you'd need to consider other factors such as how you feel about pronouns.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you first need to decide if you feel actual physical or social dysphoria. I mean, do you want a penis, flat chest, facial hair, stocky body, deep voice, etc. You don't have to want ALL of these. Obviously, some trans men don't want bottom surgery since the results are awful, and so on. But there should be some indication of feeling happier in a more male body since that's what transitioning will do for you. Same with pronouns. Would you rather be called he/him, use men's restrooms, and so on?

The other stuff isn't really an indicator. I'm a cis woman that hates wearing skirts, dresses, and so does my mom. We never do, even to formal events. I also hate shaving and I only do it if I have to be out in public in shorts or a bathing suit. Otherwise my legs are practically never shaved. And some cis men shave their legs too, like swimmers and cyclists.