1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM Underwear?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Yasha of XMETAS, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fellow FTM's out there, I ask for your advice and input on this serious matter of underpants :icon_wink

I hate having to wear womens underwear, nothing frilly just simple enough. I want to wear boxers, not girls underwear that looks like them, actual boxers. I just have loose boxers over my usual stuff to make me feel more male. But can it be possible to wear mens underwear when still female down there? What kind do I get? I know not.

I also really dont want to keep having to use a sock to give a slight buldge to make me feel more masculine. I think there's a type of underwear that solves this for FTM's but I'm not sure where to find them, how much they cost, and how many pairs to get, or how it works.

If you guys have any adive for me on this, please let me know :slight_smile: Thankyou for your time and input.

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only wear male boxers lol. My friend sewed up the front so I can wear them without pants around the house and still not show anything.
    And I wear them under pants. The only time I wear female underwear is during that awful time of the month.

As for sock bulge. No idea how to do that. Never needed too

3. randomconnorcon

I haven't heard of underwear that show a buldge on there own. I know there's underwear designed to hold or help help hold packers in place.

I buy boxer briefs, generally ones that say hipster on the packet (I don't know if that's the same where you are). I get sizes that match my waist line in inches (which is usually a medium), and they're comfy, have just enough room to not feel tight without people being able to see up them if I sit in just them and a t-shirt, and they look good.

It's better to start with your measurements, I think. The rest is more about preference (for me anyway).

I hope this helps a little.

4. SiKiHe

I'm a boxer breifs kind of guy. Just well fitting fruit of the loom ones. They fit my thighs and everything well until the end of the day. They stretch out some until I wash them, then the shrink back to their original size. I guess some Nonbinary peeps have complained about there being too much crotch room but I find they fit really well without any extra room. I don't pack or bulge up any, but the stretchiness gives me the idea that if I decided to, there would be room.

facebook keeps advertizing Tom Boy products to me. They're marketed for female bodies. Personally I'm not interested because it feels more genuine to just buy normal men's and like I said, they fit nice and the other half has given them a huge thumbs up of approval.

5. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You can definitely get boxers that don't have a significant penis pocket. I just bought the cheapest-ass no brand shiz I could find and there is like, no penis pocket in these things. They do have a button down the front but it hasn't come undone on me, though I would just sew the opening up if that bothers you. Which it might bother me if I thought random people were gonna see me in my underwear more (like in locker rooms I guess).

6. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can get any men's underwear. I'd say if you want a bulge then go for either boxer briefs or briefs and buy yourself a cheap packer. Mr. Limpy is the generic first packer for trans guys. You may need to buy a harness to keep it in place but yeah there are ftm specific underwear (they're about £30 a pair which is crazy money) which have pouches in the front to keep your packer in. I wouldn't bother with that though. Get yourself a harness or jock strap (then cut a hole out the front) to keep the packer in.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a boxer briefs / boxers kind of guy. When it comes to packing, I usually put my packer in a sock and safety pin it in the fly, and that has helped out a lot. Underwear for packing can be expensive, so you don't need to throw a lot of money into that.

As for packers, the Mr. Limpy is a great starter. They come in a number of sizes and are fairly cheap. Other great packers that run under $20 are the Sailor / GV Soft Pack and the Masho. I got mine from ToolshedToys and they rock. I still have my Sailor packer from three years ago and it gets the job done nicely.

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Boxer briefs tend to be tighter down there. I'd trade undies, but that's not the most sanitary. :lol:

9. Rozco

Yo, any suggestions for how to know the size of boxers to get? As in, how do womens' and mens' sizes correspond/are they super huge b/c of the "baggage" haha

10. SiKiHe

waist measurement is a good place to start. I wound up getting medium off that and was pretty happy with the results

11. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So far I'm a medium in both panties and boxers.

12. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah I'm a medium in both. Men can be bigger humans... with extra baggage... but they have smaller asses... So it balances out :lol:

#12 SHACH, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  13. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's packing underwear out there on the market if you're interested in packing, but it's a little pricey. I just wear boxer briefs honestly. In my experience, regular boxer briefs will stretch to accommodate for packing, but they won't have awkward front room if you're not packing.

14. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm REALLY hoping HRT is good to me in the ass department. My goal is to lose weight, but still go up to a large....who knows though.

He's right. I tucked once in boxer briefs, for whatever reason, and they really do stretch to accommodate the junk....

15. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just saw a video by Ty Turner about (FTM) underwear he was reviewing, they're called Speakeasy Briefs. I'm not sure how they fit, but they have a pocket in the front for packers, etc.

[YOUTUBE]vE6HQnBl9-k[/YOUTUBE]

16. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I have both girls and boys boxers but I'm actually more comfortable with the girls because there is no empty space as a reminder whats not there.

17. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer briefs because you can pack without a harness. But yes, you can wear any men's underwear. And I'm also a small in men's and women's underwear.

18. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks alot everyone! XD I will look into sizes and make sure its not too tight because I hate tight fitting clothes. I will look into packers too, do you order them online? Because I really doubt my city provides for that kinda thing we're not exactly a cultural hot spot, which is a nice way of saying I'm in the middle of no where with a small LGBT community in it, let alone a trans support group there.

Mr. Limpy, is that a sight or just the name of the product? I'll look it up on the googles. And if I knew any MTF's and who were small, I would give them all the ones I have now, washing them all first of course I'm not that evil lol. Besides that would be gross and rude. If I couldn't give them away, I'd just have a little bonfire in the backyard in celebration to fully transitioning. Or I'll toss them, probably the better option.

I think I'll try hitting up Walmart since that's the cheapest place I can think of that sells underwear of any kind. Maybe one pack of a size to make sure it fits, if it does Imma buy them in bulk to replace my undies drawer.

Thankyou everyone :slight_smile: Love your input :slight_smile:

19. musicheals315

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm just starting to recognize that I'm genderqueer/gender fluid/still not sure, but I'd been wearing regular men's boxer's for bed for the last year, I just bought my first pair of men's boxer briefs this week (got them from target they were the something basic brand and more contemporary style, so they sit a little lower, which were good to wear with my female style pants, but stayed in place all day). I can't believe how different I felt having a little secret, much like i've heard of men who start wearing women's panties. It felt so right, I actually enjoy having the extra space in front and as far as I can tell it didn't seem noticeable at all. I don't feel like I identify as male in anyway, but certainly prefer dressing more masculine/androgynously. And for me looking at waist size worked for finding the proper size.

20. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually wear boxers if I'm at home cos I never wear pants if I can help it. If I do have to get dressed *sigh* then I'll wear briefs cos they don't role up. The kind I wear I imagine would be fine for shark week. As for packing, you can get these little sock pouch things that you just put your package in and then I think it attached to your trousers. I can't remember what they're called, hopefully so done else here knows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.