1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my first medical appointment today for possible HRT

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cailan, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today I got an an appointment to see a doctor to evaluate HRT to make a partial transition to male. The appointment isn't until May, but it's a start. My intention is to transition just enough to get "simple release Meta," then stop T and return to living mostly (but not entirely) as female as my primary identity.

When I spoke to the intake person at the transgender clinic, she did a brief interview to establish what I'm looking for. I explained what I wanted, my hopes and desires, and she said what I'm wanting isn't all that rare, and something they do and have done in the past, to minimize hair loss and growth, etc. She said they can go for a all sorts of looks, from androgynous to masculine female to masculine male, and they do have ways to protect (head) hair loss and prevent some (body, beard) hair growth. I was almost shocked because I've felt so alone in the way I feel a need to transition, and it turns out they have a whole system for it!

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Now if only they could figure out how to regrow MPB in us girls....:dry: