1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to look more masculine?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cailan, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now that I've figured out mostly who I am, I'm exploring both sides of me - the ultra girly girl, who only gets out when I have a special event like a wedding, and the guy who's just one of the guys, who hasn't been let out much since I was in the military.

In the last two weeks I've purchased some "girly clothes" (definitely pinks, which are notably missing from my wardrobe) and started organizing a community class for "how to put on makeup so it doesn't look like a clown did it." Surprisingly, more than a dozen women on a local Facebook group already want to sign up for this class, and several instructors volunteered!

The more difficult task is finding someone who can help me look more masculine. Particularly without cutting my hair. Wigs maybe? Where do you get a decent men's wig?

I don't want photo shoot type transformation makeup, where in the portrait it looks great but really strange in person, but something that would help me approach being able to pass on the street, or at least closer than I can now. The stuff on YouTube just looks like makeup on the face for cosplay, not something I would wear for a trip to a hardware store, and not get laughed out of the place.

Where on Earth does a person find that kind of in-person help?

2. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm.. It would be easier if I knew what you looked like already. Especially since there is a possibility to look masculine with long hair.. It's just kind of rare.

As for what I could tell you without knowing what you look like: The usual covering of any breasts like binders and loose clothing and/or layers. Try to stand up as straight as you cannd puff out your chest slightly (just slightly, don't do it to the point where it looks unnatural or uncomfortable)to make your shoulders look broader. Wear your pants a bit on the low side, like lower than your hips. It will take away any female shape you might have if you got one. As for the hair.. just try to keep away from putting much effort into it. Ruffle it up if you have to, so it looks a bit wild. Like I said before though.. It would be easier to give advice on this if I saw a picture of you. Otherwise, I'd say cut your hair .. just a bit.. like, shoulder length and add layers to the point where you could easily style it from a feminine to a masculine way just by how you fool around with it.

3. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First problem. I don't even own pants. I do wear kilts though. Is there a place here where it's legal to post photos of our selves?

4. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can upload pictures to your gallery and I actually think it's safe to post a picture in your own thread too if you want.