1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender identity confusion

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by celestialbrat, Jan 21, 2017.

1. celestialbrat

I'm posting this partly for advice and partly just to get it out of my head. This is something that's been bothering me for years so it might be pretty long, sorry in advance.

I've been questioning my gender identity off and on for most of my life. I'm AFAB and I've noticed on some days I identify as strongly feminine and some days I identify as vaguely masculine. Sometimes I feel like neither or a mix of the two, although that's a rarer occurrence. I never identify as strongly masculine though, and I've only experienced severe discomfort with my assigned gender once. I worry that means I'm just faking this whole thing and I'm really just cisgender.

The identities I usually end up considering are bi-gender, genderfluid, and sometimes demigirl, but I never end up any closer to a real answer. I'm just so confused and it's honestly painful. I feel like a fake, and that if I claim any of these identities I'll just be pretending and everyone will know it. I know I probably sound like a stupid kid wanting to be special but I'm honestly almost in tears over this.

2. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    omg.. *hug squish* You are not a fake. I know what it's like to feel uncomfortable in your own body... not quite to your extent, but I understand the pain. You sound very genderfluid to me, honestly - but I am no professional in this area.