1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car fixed, and broke again. Like my life.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Natasha Elyssa

So the other night my car was driving fine and out of nowhere it started bucking like a wild horse and felt like it was dragging. Long story short, I had serious problems with getting the few blocks to my house, but I got it home and it sat untouched for two days. Now, my uncle determined that the problem was my sparkplugs and wires, and replaced them while also fixing some other little things. Anyway, we got it back to my house and everything was fine. Until I decided to go for a ride. My uncle left and I was all like "Hey I'm going for a ride" and my parents groaned but said to just be back soon. So I get in the car, turned on my headlights and radio, put it in reverse, backed up a few feet and the shifter goes limp. The car is now stuck in reverse. It's a manual so my mom held the clutch down and me and my dad pushed it back into it's parking spot. But I don't get it. The thing was just fixed, we checked the thing over and it was fine, and I go to move it and it goes into reverse and won't shift out of it. The shifter moves, but it's like the gear is not moving with it. The shifter is loose and can move forward and backward in the little track of 5th gear and reverse in my car, but the thing is stuck in reverse. I can't even put it in neutral. And my parents just said that they're worried the thing is a lemon and they want to find something better. This makes me sad because I love my car and it's unique and reminds me of my favorite car (KITT from Knight Rider). But if problems persist, I'll probably have to find a replacement. Considering the strong possibility of having to find a replacement, I want to find something bigger. I like my uncle's Honda Accord, but I want a truck. Like a Chevy Suburban with a manual transmission, but those are practically non existent. I spent so much time learning manual, and now I may not be able to continue driving stick. I hope this is fixable. I would hate to lose my car. Especially since I've grown attached to it. This frustrates me and makes me sad. First the thing won't drive without bucking like crazy and really slow, now it's stuck in reverse. This isn't helping my whole "woe is me" mentality. This makes me feel worse, which accentuates my feelings of dread and anxiety. I feel like garbage, and when I think something is changing for the better, it seems to get worse. Or at least not any better. Just like my car, I have problems or break down, and just when I think things are fixed, they either get worse or don't improve. I feel so "fml" right now. I'm getting tired of feeling like trash, feeling sick all the time, and having to deal with stuff like my car needing repairs twice in three days. Ugh. I'm so tired. I'm so done with this. I need a device that freezes time and let's me actually get away for a while. I want my freedom, but it certainly doesn't help when one of the few symbols of freedom I have is out of commission. I'm so so tired. I am going to sleep and hopefully we can get my car fixed in the morning. :icon_redf