1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kawaiipotato1, Jan 22, 2017.

1. kawaiipotato1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have pretty short hair. But i'm not sure how to pass as a male. I feel more comfortable being called a male, but i'm not sure how I can pass ... it's really difficult and it makes me really stressed. Any advice would be appriciated :help:

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm not an authority on the subject, but the usual consensus is wearing baggier clothing and binding. Button up shirts are helpful in appearance.

Hope that helps a little,

Sebby45

3. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a total expert either, but I'll try.

Perhaps thicker eyebrows? That always helps me. Binding definatly, looser clothing to hide frame. Not sure if you're into the idea of packing, but just a sock or somethng should solve that as well.

I think it's also about poise and attitude. The way you walk, watch how guys walk and try to immatate it as best you can, that's what I do and it helps me. Like the old song goes "walk like a man, talk like a man" lol.

Hair is also a HUGE help. Cutting it and styling it as short as you're comfortable with will also make a difference. It made the difference for me, and I feel so much more passable with my hair shorter and darker. But that's me.

I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I hope it is. Good luck dude ^^

4. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's actually a thread in this section called "the do I pass thread". You could have posted here

Anyway...
    1.)As long as you have the clothes, wear them in a male fashion (pants worn a bit below the waist/ clothes that don't show off a womanly figure; nothing tight). Layers help like a long sleeve shirt underneath a t-shirt,a button up shirt, or even a vest.
    2.)Make sure no/little breasts show through clothes if you have the issue. Binders and layers help with this.
    3.) Manly posture: Try to broaden your shoulders with good posture and a slight chest puff, just nothing too extreme that is uncomfortable or looks unnatural. Practice looking at yourself in the mirror to help with it.
    4.)Men tend to walk with their hands in their pockets, or having them loosely at the sides. If you are not a fan of the pockets thing, try keeping your hands and fingers spread out: it helps them appear larger since men normally have bigger hands, but also - females tend to keep their hands closed. It's odd, but a physical thing I have noticed.

5.)Men also tend to have less wide eyes compared to women. If you have wide eyes, practice "semi squinting" where you have your eye lids lowered a bit, but not so much that you're actually squinting. Keeping you head up and slightly jutting out your jaw helps create that manly facial expression as well. Jawline is a pretty obvious factor in males, as they tend to have longer ones compared to females. Don't go too extreme with the jaw thing.. Just trying to jut it out even slightly helps, and looks more natural as well as being more comfortable.

6.)When I was a kid, I would buy a shoe size bigger then what I was so that I made my feet seem bigger too. After a while I realized my feet were naturally bigger than they should be so I stopped :lol:, but this could help you as well.

5. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Prince of all Saiyan's is correct. This is very helpful information, better said than I could have thought of. :thumbsup:

6. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    men dont walk more heel to toe, like women which makes you sway your hips more. men walk with their feet in a straight walk so their feet never go heel to toe. that will make the sway stop.

7. PepperP

I totally agree with all of the above!

Another thing that helps is to take up loads of room. Just spread yourself out. When sitting have your legs spread, or if you cross your legs put your ankle to your knee instead of knee-over-knee. Drape your arms over the backs of chairs. Slump down into chairs/sofas. It tends to be that women keep their bodies relatively 'close', whereas men let their limbs go wild :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Obviously don't do it too extremely (I irritate people so much when I do go too far), but making the effort to be aware of it helps :slight_smile: