1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont know if Im genderfluid or just looking for attention

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Heyheydopamine, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Heyheydopamine

Please hear me out, cuz I know it sounds crazy. In a book Im reading, theres a genderfluid character, and the way he/she explained being genderfluid, idk, it just kinda seemed to resonate with me. How do I know if Im genderfluid? Someone please help

2. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that you should just follow your feelings, which I know sounds impossible and like terrible advice, but give yourself time. Test out names and pronouns, and see what makes you happy. Never, ever rush yourself, or else you could end up pressuring yourself into being someone you're not. Keep in mind that you can always change your mind - if you feel as though you are genderfluid at the moment, then stick with that! If you are afraid of changing your mind later on, don't be. You can always change - just do what makes you happy.

I hope you figure stuff out - good luck!

3. Sarkzar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know the situation you're currently in, so I don't know if you're able to talk about this with your friends and family, but finding a group of people/even just one person to help you explore being genderfluid would definitely help. Sit down with whoever it is you can trust and let them know that you're just going with the flow, and that you're just trying some stuff out. If it's something you want to try then by all means, go for it!

4. AnguishXx

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If being genderfluid feels correct to you, then you are not just looking for attention :slight_smile:
    That's a common argument that others use to invalidate non-binary identities, and I'm strongly against lines like those.

5. DemonzPrincess

I don't know much from just one paragraph that you posted, but follow your feelings, try things, etc. you'll figure it out, don't worry.

6. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is the way this character experiences life similar to how you feel often? You need to examine it farther than just when the character is feeling more masculine or more feminine- what specifically did you find relateable about their experiences that you previously had pushed aside in your brain or didn't realize you felt?