1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local conference events.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Jan 23, 2017.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad has been obsessed with learning about gender since I came out to him which is great he finds stories online and documentaries and everything he can to learn about it. Today he approached me about a conference thing he found about a couple hours away from where we live and asked if I want to go. I told him yes and that it sounds interesting. I am really interested in this but I get very anxious. I was wondering if anyone has ever been to something like this and what I should expect. It is the building beloved community beyond the binary conference on Saturday February 11th at First Unitarian Universalist society of Syracuse if anyone wants to look into it. I think it would be very good for us to go and it could help him a lot since he has been so into learning about this. I just want to know if any of you have one to something like this

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been to a conference like that, but I've been to other Unitarian Universalist conferences. The website I found when I googled it lists the workshops they'll have, so that kinda tells you what to expect. You can choose to attend whichever workshops seem most relevant.

I bet it'll be good. I generally trust Unitarian Universalist congregations to host informative workshops that are done accurately and sensitively.