1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half VS Tank binders?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RavenTheRat, Jan 28, 2017.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I'm finally getting a binder (YAY) and I decided to get a nude binder from Gcb2.
    I've figured out my size, but I can't decide between the half and tank styles. Does anyone have any advice for which one to get, or maybe can explain the pros and cons of each (if there are any)?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a chubby guy, and I prefer full length binders because half length feels a it off against me. A con though that some people have with full length binders is that they have the possibility to roll up--but that can be resolved by tucking your binder into your pants.

3. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally I'm a fan of full length binders just because I think they do a little better job with bigger chests, but I also have some half length binders from gc2b and I don't have any complaints about them. It's all about personal preference.

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would aim for having at least one of each, eventually in multiple colors. Each type kind of has it's own ups and downs that are better for different situations. But personally I think the full length is most versatile. That being said, I have a personal gripe with Gc2b full length binders. They definitely ride up if you have hips in a way that underworks doesn't. And the material is sort of like spandex so it feels like you're wearing a one piece swimsuit under your clothes. And full length can be quite hot in the summer, but that's not really an issue right now.

My main problem with half length binders is that they can show under your clothes if your shirt isn't quite thick. And you can't wear them as a tank top like you could with a full length one, at least around the house. And they kind of half a bra-like feel to them.

#4 Rickystarr, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  5. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had (still do) a compression sports bra type binder from underworks. It works great, but the material/cut is rather uncomfortable. So I recently purchased a tank binder from underworks. The material is really nice (it is a male binder) but the compression though listed as "power" compression doesn't do as good a job. It is LONG. I have to tuck it into my pants and underwear to keep it from riding up. The compression is strongest around the stomach and is hard to fit around hips. In any case it is a binder that you could easily wear all day long. But best with layers as it tends to wrinkle in back. Probably because of the hip thing.

When I feel really bad I double the binders with the bra type over the tank. This makes a very flat chest. But don't wear it too long...I'm sure it would be easy to faint over time. :lol:

I have yet to try a half binder, but personally I think it would be awkward and show more.

Hope some of this ranting helped. :icon_bigg

Sebby45

6. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally. I prefer half binders because tank binders tend to bunch up above my hips, which makes the binder visible. I find having it tucked into my pants very uncomfortable, and if I pull it down over my pants (with my shirt above), it makes my hips look big.

However, if you're a D cup or above, a half binder might fit more awkwardly. If you have back problems, note that tank binders feel looser and equal distribution of pressure can make it less painful than a half binder.

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like half binders because they aren't as warm (it's like wearing 1.5 shirts instead of 2), and they don't have the issue of rolling up at the hips. My only issue is that sometimes the line where the half binder ends can be seen under fitted clothing (most trans guys aren't wearing very fitted clothing anyway though).

8. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer the half-binders as well. I find with the full-length ones they tend to roll up at the bottom, but as others have said, if you're a bigger dude, they may fit better than the half-tank style. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that I have heard some guys say they don't like the half-tanks because it feels like their wearing a bra. It might be worth while to get a couple varieties of each and see which you prefer.