1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning gender identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by musicheals315, Jan 31, 2017.

1. musicheals315

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    About 2 years ago, I began questioning my sexuality, I lived as a straight CIS female for about 28 years. Although I'm still not out regarding my orientation, as I have not had any relationships with a female and feel like I need to confirm it before I tell everyone, I feel pretty confident like 95% sure I'm at the very least not straight and somewhere between lesbian and pansexual possibly. In the past few months however, I've begun to question my gender identity as well. I feel mostly like I'm genderfluid/agender with my genders fluctuating from a more masculine female to agender. I know I don't really relate to being male except for wanting to dress more masculine and am interested in using an STP that I can wear rather than have to carry around with me. Aside from coming to terms with who I am, I'm struggling with finding mens pants that fit comfortably. To be fair I've only tried on a few different pairs from different stores (Old Navy, Walmart, Target), but would love any suggestions on where I might find male pants that accommodate a more female figure. I'm about a 32 waist, but my hips are larger and I feel like if I go up to a 33 or 34 if 33 isn't available, then the legs are way to wide and I look ridiculous. Right now I'm mainly looking for shorts as I live in AZ and it will be getting warm soon. My work has a policy that shorts must be to the knee so I figure it's a great time to start playing around with expressing more masculinely as I can use the length of those shorts as somewhat of an excuse. Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as pants, get what is called "slim fit" or "slim straight." They're a bit tighter cut overall than regular jeans, but aren't nearly as tight as skinny jeans.

3. musicheals315

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    awesome thanks! I was also just checking it out, I think I may be able to look at boy's husky pants, at least according to the size chart from old navy's website.

4. SiKiHe

Check also if the pants you try on are relaxed fit or not. Relaxed fit are made to be baggy even for cis guys and they seem pretty popular. That's what I've been wearing lately. Keep an eye on the inseam as well. You'll likely need a shorter leg. I find about a 30 inseam to work well and i'm 5'7"

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2017 at 09:24 AM ----------

I know Walmart has 30 inseam pants. Target should too

5. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah get everything in slim cut. Straight or regular or relaxed are too frumpy but the popular skinny fit makes you look curvier and skinnier so isnt complimentary to the more masculine female bodied person hardly ever in my opinion. I'm feeling strongly about it cos I tried to rock some skinny jeans for about 10 minutes today for the first time properly in like 8 months and it just made me look so ridiculously skinny and girly. Do not recommend.

6. musicheals315

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for all the advice, it seems much like with women's clothes each brand runs slightly different. I found a pair of jeans that I absolutely loved, but cost too much for me to buy as we approach the beginning of summer here in Arizona (denim in even 80 is way too much for me). I'm going to keep looking, but appreciate any other advice :slight_smile: