1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to shout out your secret to the world...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by StormyVale, Feb 1, 2017.

1. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does anyone else feel like some days they want to scream out that they are not the gender people see them as/not their gender assigned at birth?

Today for me just feels like one of those days. I am bigender and AFAB, but today I am male. The feeling that I am male is so strong that I have this urge to tell my immediate family/world of people and say I am not cisgender and today I am male. I know I am not planning to tell anyone else immediately, but does anyone else get this feeling or fight against this feeling to scream out to their "world" (whomever is important in their lives) about their gender?

Perhaps it is because coming out takes that weight off your shoulders and gender identity and sexuality become less important than people accepting the person you are? :confused:

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes...then I tape my mouth shut. Lol.

3. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did before I came out to my family. Wound up coming out to my mom earlier than planned and the rest of my immediate family on transgender day of remembrance as planned.

4. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not everyday, but I certainly feel like this often. Especially at school for some reason, when role is being called, I want to be like "IT'S BROOKE!"

5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get this sometimes, but the risk is too high and explanation too great to follow through. Unlike spitting out, "I'm gay," saying "I'm transgender" is a lot more exhausting.

6. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Glad to hear I am not the only one. I think it is hard to have these types of moments but say nothing.

Brooke,

I can totally understand why you would feel like that during role call. That is one time I can see as important for being seen as who you are even though to cisgender people it seems like no big deal.

Kodo,

I totally agree. It is definitely more of a hassle to explain being transgender or not cisgender than it is to come out about sexual orientation because it is not as well understood by most people.

7. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's definitely it. It's very hard to explain the actual feeling I (and I'm sure other trans people get) when all attention is drawn to you like that. It's a feeling I can't quite put into words.