1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What foods are you craving since your HRT?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by onlyhuman33, Feb 2, 2017.

1. onlyhuman33

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is actually a "sub" thread from the "OMG!!! I'm eating us out of house and home" thread. I have found that this is quite common for my trans sisters and brothers. I also have added 2 links to other forums where trans people list their cravings. But the second has some really cool scientific reasons as to WHY we crave foods since starting HRT. I strongly encourage you to read it, it's pretty cool. Anyways, just like the title asks, What foods are you craving since your HRT?

Mine are PICKLES!!! I can eat a whole darn jar in one sitting and not get sick. Wasn't able to do that before. Others are banana and pepperoncini peppers, salsa (preferably spicy) and OH GOD!! CUCUMBER SALAD!!! That's my bibbel!!! (anyone familiar with the show Victorious will know what bibbel is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't eat a lot of things now if it's not super spicy or covered in pepper, which surprises me since I was never a fan of pepper pre-T. With food in general, I have weekly cravings for sweet and salty combinations--like fries and milkshakes.

3. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since starting T I started getting into smoothies and craving milkshakes. Never wanted to try smoothies before, but now I like them. Banana is preffereable, but they only have strawberry an banana so that' works too. And I also want fries all the time.

And since I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease some time ago before starting T, I've had to change some of my diet as well. While I can't go gluten free all the time, I try to as much as possible and fries are about one of the few things I love that I can still eat. Which is odd, because I dont feel anything or notice anything if I do eat stuff with gluten in them. Only pasta was having a bad affect on me, when I cooked it on my own I would be nausious and stomach pains and want to throw up. Since going GF for pasta that's gone now.

But yea, smoothies and fries are my basic cravings.

4. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I crave watermelon for some reason :/

probably just cos its so hot here tho hahah

#5 jaska, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  6. onlyhuman33

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Clustergazelle,

Congratulations on going on HRT!!! I am so excited for you!!! PLZ let us know the day of your appointment so we can all send you some good juju!!! I am just so happy for you!! congratulations again, be well!!

7. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first appointment is this Wednesday, February 8th! I'm very excited, as you can imagine! Thank you. :slight_smile:

8. Lazuri

I've been on hormones for a couple of weeks now and I don't think I can say I've had any cravings at all, nor have my appetite changed from the unhealthy mess it has always been.

9. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When did the cravings start? I've noticed I've been craving fruit, fruit, vegetables, and more fruit today. I'm trying to lose weight, so I'm not complaining, but I didn't expect anything to happen for a few weeks...