1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kawaiipotato1, Feb 4, 2017.

1. kawaiipotato1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really struggling with my gender identity. I always wear boys clothes and have a boys haircut and I use he/him pronouns. I'm not sure if there's anything wrong with me..
    I feel so uncomfortable if I'm called a girl. Is there anything wrong with me? Are there any words to explain how I feel?

2. Poetry Bandit

Start researching transgender. I'm not sure if it applies to you, I am only trying to help.

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There's nothing wrong with you. That's the first thing you should know before exploring this further. Many of us have felt this way, and many more still do.

Now for the advice. As Poetry Bandit said, you should definitely look into the possibility of being trans, as the fact that you're using he/him pronouns is a huge indicator of your gender identity. But it seems like you're already considering this as you've posted here. Also, know that it will take time to come to terms with yourself. You may need to experiment with different things and that's fine.

Here are some questions that you may want to consider:

1. If "boy's clothes" were worn by woman just as frequently, and if skirts and dresses were never worn by anyone, would this affect your attitudes towards your gender?

2. Do you ever experience dysphoria? Eg. feeling that your chest is "wrong", or that something is "missing" or "shouldn't be there".

3. IF you could change your body to make it more masculine, would you? Eg. growing facial hair, lowering your voice etc.

You don't need to relate to all of these questions to be trans, but those are some big indicators, besides you preferring to be referred to as male. Once again, know that you will figure things out eventually, so there's no need to rush into anything if you don't want to.