1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scared to get haircut//FTM pre-everything

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BirthLifeDeath, Feb 4, 2017.

1. BirthLifeDeath

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi.

[EXTRA INFO]
    I'm only 13, however I've had intense dysphoria throughout the years and I have a good feeling that I am transgender. I am not out to anyone, however I do make jokes about chaining my name to Kaiden and taking testosterone; plus some of them know I bind, so I don't think it will be that much of a surprise when I come out.

*THIS IS WHERE I START TALKING ABOUT MY HAIRCUT*
    So to understand if I'm really trans, I started off with binding. Then wearing boy clothing. Now, I decided its time to cut my hair. This isn't anything new, I've wanted this ever since I was 4 years old however my mother wouldn't allow. She recently said that I can do whatever I want with my hair, so I want to cut it as soon as summer vacation starts. Now that I have the oppertunity, I have no idea where to start. I fear that it will look bad with my heart-shaped face. I fear that I won't be able to find a cut that fits me...

2. Really

Hi BLD,

Do you have straight hair? If you do there are a number of free apps you can upload your picture to and "try on" different hairstyles. They basically don't have any for curly hair so it's harder to tell if that's what you've got.

Also, you can search for "short hair for heart shaped face" (with or without "men"). There might be some good suggestions on Pinterest, too.

You can also go into salons and ask for a consultation appt. They're free and you could explain exactly what you want. Short, easy to care for, blunt, etc. Whatever. You can also take photos in to help show what look you're going for. The better you can describe what you want, the easier the stylist will be able to create it for you.

Remember, hair grows. So even if it's not exactly what you want, in a month or two you can try again. Also, note that it might be a shock to your system on the first or second day but after you've washed it, you'll start to get a better idea of how to wear it the way you like it.

Good luck!

3. musicheals315

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I relate more as genderfuid, wanting to present more masculine, but was born female. I just got my haircut on thursday and got a chin length bob with an undercut...see Hannah Hart on youtube for an example. I love it because I can wear it down when I'm feeling more feminine and a little of the shaved part is visible to show the edginess of the cut, but i can also put it in a high pony or a top knot and show off the shaved part which gives me a more masculine or androgynous look...I also have a heart shaped face and I feel it looks awesome! Good luck!

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I'd recommend you to get a standard longish male cut. You can grow it into a men bun sooner or have an undercut if you like the style.