1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An update literally no one asked for

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Quniverse, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Quniverse

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been reflecting a lot about what gender is and what it means to me. Through this, I have uncovered the answer: gender means nothing to me. Like, I get that it's an identity but... it seems so, arbitrary? Please don't be offended by this. I will respect your gender identity and expression; I'm a big believer in respecting what you do not understand because, why not? It's not like it's hard to treat someone like a human being with dignity and worth.

Anyway, if anyone was wondering and hasn't already guessed, I'm agender non-binary. People who know this: my girlfriend. I have a close friend, who I call my gay confidant (GC), who I've talked briefly with about being non-binary, but at the time I said genderfluid. But now I've realized that my gender is "no" and my gender expression is fluid.

2. Fever

I wish the rest of the world said just what you said. Gender means nothing outside of the person experiencing it. We would do better to encounter and try to understand each other individually. That said, my experience of gender can be profound and important, both of yours and mine. For me that starts by acknowledging that categories are "ready to wear" but my self needs a tailored fit.

3. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great to hear that you have figured yourself out! And I don't think people will get offended by your words. If you don't have a gender, that should be as legitimate as the identity of a binary trans or cis person.

Besides, gender is a rather arbitrary category to me as well. I believe it would be good for our society if we treated everybody like an individual and if we didn't assume their gender and behavior by what sex they are.