1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Determining where to inject your shot?//FTM

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BirthLifeDeath, Feb 7, 2017.

1. BirthLifeDeath

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Idk where the appropriate place to ask this is, so I apologize is there was a better category.

Alright, so I know the doctor will tell you whenever you start T, but how exactly do they determine where you do your shot (ex. stomach, butt, etc.)? I think I would feel most comfortable with my stomach, but I fear that my doctor will tell me otherwise.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If your doctor recommends an injection site, it's for a reason. If you have a preference, discuss it with your doctor.

Please don't ask the EC community to provide medical advice; none of us are qualified to do so.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on the kind of shot. Sustanon is often injected in the upper thigh and nebido in the butt because it's an intramuscular injection site. Think sustanon can also be injected in the stomach but definitely don't quote me on that. I'd talk to your doctor about it and see if they can accommodate your preference.

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If it's inter muscular, you will do it in your thigh or your ass. If it's subq, you'll probably do it in your stomach. Try asking for subq if you would prefer the stomach, but I asked my NP about it and they said they start everyone on IM. You may not have much of a choice.

I do it in the glute personally though my NP said it would be easier to do it in the thigh. For some reason I can't bring myself to inject in the thigh, mentally. I've tried. My legs are so skinny I am afraid of hitting bone, plus there's all those visible blood vessels. *shudders*

#4 Rickystarr, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As others said, it depends on what kind of injection. IM is generally in the thigh or ass, and subq I've seen done in the stomach, sides, and even thigh if you're a leaner person.

I do subq, and switch it up on a weekly basis from my hip to my stomach. It helps that I'm a chubby guy, so I'm able to avoid hitting the same spot twice every now and then. If you're worried, address this with your doctor and see if there's something you can work out--especially if they suggest doing IM. You can always say you have a fear of needles, and subq would be easier for you to manage.

6. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get sustanon in the butt, but I hear the stomach one is less painful. But yeah, whatever your doc says is best, probably is