1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by funsized, Feb 8, 2017.

1. funsized

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I might be bi-gender or gender non-binary. Sometimes, I feel like acting and dressing all girly. Other times, I just want to dress like a tomboy. I like a lot of girly and tomboyish things. I've known I wasn't cisgender since last year. I'm not out to anyone as not cisgender. I'm worried that if I try to express myself in a way different from how I was born (especially with my religious family) that I will hear all sorts of backlash.

How can I tell if I am bi-gender/gender non-conforming before coming out to people?

2. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey,

So gender is about how you feel on the inside. It is that inside you feel you are a girl or a boy, or both a girl and boy. It is not about how you dress or like to dress.

Being Bigender is about mentally switching between two genders. Some days you may be mentally a boy. Other days you may be mentally a girl. Only you can say if you are bigender or gender non-conforming. You need to sit with this revelation and think about it. Try tracking when you are female, male, or both genders. Tracking your gender day to day will also allow you to follow it and see that you indeed do feel like you are switching genders every so often.

funsized likes this.