1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Doubting

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dyl pickle, Feb 10, 2017.

1. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know I've posted a lot about this but I have a lot of times when I question whether or not I'm really trans, but it almost "scares" me to think I'm not? Like I'm definitely not comfortable with my birth name or she/her, but they/them is complicated and still doesn't seem to satisfy me. Maybe it's because even though I identify as male I am a feminine male and intend to stay mostly that way (besides top surgery which I definitely want)? I feel like I sort of answered my own question but if you want to contribute any reassurances or similar experiences go ahead because I still constantly experience self-doubt and it's quite frustrating.

2. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same way! Feminine dude who wants top surgery and basically nothing else. It's ok to doubt yourself and go back and forth on thinking things, try not too worry about it too much. There's no correct way to be trans, it's just a label to find people similar to you! Transgender isn't a checklist of things you need to fill in order to be a member of a club. Trans experiences are as varied as people are, and you doing you is just as good as anyone else doing what they're doing.

3. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone - it's so frustrating sometimes!

4. KenDarling

I've also been experiencing a whole lot of self doubt about being trans lately, and the thought of being a girl is kinda alarming too? its really bothering me, but i think maybe we are just thinking about it too hard c:

5. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah definitely, the thing with me is that I'm very androgynous so I feel as though that is what makes me doubt myself, but when I try to change my label I always come back to male, so I feel like that's a bit of an answer for myself, yanno? We probably are just overthinking :lol: