1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender-curious

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by tigger00, Feb 15, 2017.

1. tigger00

I was born female and feel comfortable in my female body, but for years I have wondered and fantasized about what it would be like to be male. I'm pretty sure I'm not actually trans, but I want to know if there's some kind of resource or term that would help me to define what gender I am. The closest I've come is gender non-conforming, but that doesn't seem quite right either. Help please!

2. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bonjour!
    I've been in the same boat as you for so long.
    I personally am not fond of labels, but find myself to be a hypocrite as I use one. It just helps comfort me to have some notion of what I am.
    I use the term of genderfluid.
    I can't give you a detailed description as it's different for everyone, but in a nutshell, its when you can feel either like a male or a female. And sometimes you feel like both or neither.
    I hope this helps, and let me know if you have more questions!

kylie94 likes this.
  3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you feel both, separately or together and the degree of either can be any amount and change you might be Bi Gender. i identify as this but know im more female than male and im AMAB.

best of luck on your journey of self discovery (*hug*)

4. Irisviel

you probably answered your own question. Not being trans is being cis. All the other labels are not genders, they are pretty much made up. I'm not sure why you would want to adopt one and what it would achieve.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    there, are a great many apects of being trans besides those who transition or are binary. these include but are not limited to; non binary, gender fluid, cross dressing, bi gender, pangender, A gender, etc.

while i recognize that some do not believe this is real, your belief does not negate another persons self and reality. i am, as i already stated, Bi Gender. i am both female and male at the same time. i am also AMAB but have started medical transition.

6. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think the original author meant not binary trans such as MtF or FtM ...

To the original question or inquiry... I first recognized my gender/started my journey to identify it when I had a day where I felt "off" and the only words i felt could describe it was "I am male." From then on I tried recording it and seeing how my gender changed to see what it was. I used my dysphoria as a guide to help me figure out what I was feeling. I am Bi gender also but I go between male, female and both at the same time.
    Perhaps you could try recording what you think your gender feels like/ what you sense your gender to be each day for a while and then check back with that list and see what you have.

Also there is no pressure to find a label because each of our individual experiences are valid and unique; however, if you do want a label, take your time and really try to understand what you are feeling/sensing.

7. Quniverse

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Questioning" and "experimenting" are totally valid labels. They're exactly what your doing; figuring out who you really are. And if, when you're done experimenting and you've landed in a place your happy with, you find that you are cis that's okay! You took the time to see what you like and who you are.

8. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wondering and fantasising about what it would be to be male is part of the puzzle that led me to eventually realize I'm bi-gender - one of the identities that is part of being non-binary trans. My femme side is still dominant, but I now understand I am "part guy." Right now I'm trying to figure out just how male, and what parts of me are male. A good gender therapist can help figure out where on that spectrum you are. Mine is helping me work through the whole thing, including how much of what I am right now is "habitually female" and how much is "repressed male."