1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost on the road

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bastian, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Bastian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi guys,

been a while since I last logged in, so, um.. hello ya all.

I´m in my mid 30´s (about time to start a proper midlife crisis :icon_bigg ) and I am pretty sure about who I am and how do I function for almost 3 years now. No big deal, just another gay guy born with the *wrong* downstairs. I live in a country where legal transition is quite hard to achieve - instead of presumed help you´ll get yourself into a neverending, humiliating process of medical and bureaucratic bullying - and this is mostly why I am still considering the first consultation as a *maybe one day* option, instead of knocking confidently at the therapist´s door. Anyway, I said that I am sure who am I - well, I WAS, till the last week, when everything went upside down. What happened? Well I came out to a friend and it felt weird. Don´t get me wrong, I had already came out to few close friends before and luckily for me, I have always met good and quite supportive reactions. I don´t know why it was different now, because the reaction was exactly the same - very friendly and warm. It was just me who felt bad after. The main feeling was why do I even bother people with my problems, when they sure had enough of their own? Why do I even think I matter?

The week that followed was weird, and at the end of it I feel like I am - well... nothing. Like if everything I have achieved the past three years (and what a wild journey it was!) was lost. I feel like I am something in between, something that merely exists as flesh and bones, only still breathing for no certain reason. You can say I am pretty lost right now, just like my confidence just disappeared. Yeah, I suppose that´s probably the best way how to describe it. So, I wonder if anyone of you had similar confused experience? I do hope this *lost* feeling (or rather lack of any feeling at all right now) is just temporary, but still I´d appreciate some advice.

Thanks for reading this nonsense rant and lovely day to all

s