1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans or nah?!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by peanutbutter34, Feb 16, 2017.

1. peanutbutter34

How did you realise you were trans??? Im confused :frowning2:

#1 peanutbutter34, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
  2. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, at one point I realized I wasn't comfortable at all with being female and found myself feeling like I was male.. just with the wrong body parts. Everyone experiences it a bit different though.

3. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always felt like something was off with my body as a kid. That and I was told "no, that's for girls" at almost everything I wanted to do. When puberty hit I felt horrible and disgusting; like everything about it was completely wrong for me. Everyone told me I would "grow into things" and to just accept it. Problem was the more my body changed towards being a guy the worse I felt. After many more years of misery and trying to believe others I finally caved in an accepted I was a girl.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was very gradual for me. A year ago or so I had a "Holy shit, it all means I'm a transgender man!" moment, but in reality I knew since early puberty that I'm more like a boy than a girl. I knew I had the mind of a guy and body of a girl, but thought it's meaningless, and for some time, I identified in an agender-ish way, and questioned my gender over and over again, experimented with gender expression, grew up to be a very masculine person against all odds, and last year it started to make a whole.

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is a long story my friend.
    These days I can look back and clearly see signs from when I was a kid but as a kid I didn't know.

As a teen (13-17) I had strong dysphoric feelings but started repressing them because I was often told on LGBT sites that I was faking them because I didn't fit the typical trans experience.

I always had a slight jealously towards trans men. I envy them for being trend and for being able to become male, meanwhile I was just a female that hated being female and having a female body and having my relationships viewed as straight.

I was 22 and at an anime convention when I really started thinking about it. I remember thinking about how much I hated that no one would even think ibwas a guy for a minute. It was something I thought about that whole night, thinking of past events, and of repressed feelings and ones that never went away. By morning I had the thought of "is it possible that I might be trans? Is it just wishful thinking?" I started researching and talking to my best friend about it. I started imaging a life where I wad male and not female. The simple thought that I could be male in the future seemed to make life worth living. I had lived life sort of numb and shifting to fit the wants of the people around me, but the thought of a male future made me want to actually plan it life and do something with my future. That I could be someone's boyfriend or husband one day made key tear up because it was something I had secretly dreamed about.

Even after all that it took a good 4 to 6 months for me to be sure enough to talk to other trans people. I was just laying in bed and watching the rays of sun against the wall and thought "There is a strong chance that I am trans" and I didn't feel fear or was overjoyed. I simply thought "So what will I do now?"
    And that is when I joined this site. To talk to others, to see if what I feel was valid, if being attracted to men and being slightly feminine still meant I was valid. I was uncertain for months and months. It is only recently that I felt the level of certainty that I wished I had back then.
    I still have moments of doubt, I probably will even after I start T. I think that is normal of all trans people

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    for me it was sort of an evolution, i came out as Bi, and soon after i recognized that there is a strong female component to my soul and identified as Bi Gender, i still do. the evolution came with the help of my therapist in that the female part of me is the strongest and i've started to medically transition.