1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-gender and Sexuality of your gender fluctuations

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by StormyVale, Feb 16, 2017.

1. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone else who is bigender or multiple genders feel like their sexuality changes based on their gender?

2. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I'm in all-girl mode or my unintentional blended mode I'm straight, interested in men only. When I'm in guy mode I'm bisexual.

3. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good to know I am not the only one. When I am female I am pansexual, when both genders I am bisexual, and when a guy I am gay.

4. Irisviel

I'm single gender and I sometimes feel gay, bi, or straight, depending largely on whether I feel dominant or submissive at the time. Oh wait it's called different preferences according to mood.

Are we supposed to suddenly throw the notion of gender being detached from sexuality out of the window? Vast majority of bisexual people have varied focus of their interest over time especially when single.

5. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If gender wasn't attached to sexuality, there wouldn't be so many trans folk reporting they changed sexual preferences when they started HRT. I've been very surprised how many there are. I know several women who intended to stick together, but divorced their trans spouses because their spouse switched from liking women only to liking men only after transitioning. Their spouses no longer wanted to be in a marriage with a woman.

6. Irisviel

well obviously there is a link since 95% of people are cis and straight. I'm referring to the idea itself but rather the whole notion of changing on a whim. HRT is a serious intervention on a physiological level. I'm more speaking about the hypocrisy of the whole non binary community who speaks about this in different ways according to convenience (same people telling others how gender and sexuality aren't related). And the argument is flawed because a non binary person has a single set of hormones and there is nothing physically changing to justify a notion of being orientation-fluid. Not to mention a lot of trans people do not change their orientation, rather, freeing one repressed aspect of themselves triggers the next. Can also go the other way around when you first discover sexuality, then your trans identity becomes apparent. It hasn't changed, it simply emerged from a repressed state.

#6 Irisviel, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017