1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding Questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ResidentTheatreKid, Feb 17, 2017.

1. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys, I'm back again! So a month or so back I decided to throw all caution to the wind and get a binder. A friend reccomended the GC2B half binder, and the reviews on it looked good so that's what I got. I ordered it to college because getting it to home could have outed me, and for some reason I got a customs charge on top of what I'd already paid which was a nightmare because nobody contacted me about it for over 2 weeks!

Anyway, I got it today. I measured as an XXS on the GC2B sizing chart, and it is tiny. I struggled to get in to it (I mean I didn't use much method honsestly) but once I was in to it, it fitted so well! I wore it for 4 hours without an issue, and forgot it was even there. Getting out was a pain in the ass but I managed it with more finesse, and it took me maybe 3 minutes compared to the 5-6 it must have taken me to get it on. I began to panic that I would have to cut it off me at first because I couldn't pull it down or get it back up.

I just don't know whether it could technically be classed as too small? Do they get easier to take on and off, and does anyone have any particular tips or tricks for the GC2B half binder? They make me incredibly flat and I was really happy, and given that delivery was such a damn nightmare I really don't want to go through all of that again, really. Thanks for your help!

2. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so I did some digging on tumblr and got a little while to myself, and figured out that the easiest way to get it on is to fold the bottom up to around the neck hole, then pull it on like a normal top. By this point it's usually all bunched up, but all you have to do is find the bottom and pull it down. And then to get it off, literally just bunch as much of it up as high as you can, making sure you can find the bottom. Make sure it's bunched up on your back, then cross your arms so each hand is holding the bit behind the opposite armpit (left hand holding bottom bit behind right armpit and vice versa) which makes your shoulders narrow, and pull it up over your head.

I timed it and got my time down to 31 seconds for putting it on, and 27 for taking it off. This is going to make me a lot more confident wearing it, knowing that I can get it off XD Today has been quite a learning curve. I need a nap.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bought the gc2b xxs as it said that was my size too, I turned out to be a small. Can I ask what your chest and shoulder measurements are? If it's comfortable then go with it but be careful and take it off if you have trouble breathing.