1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i don't know who i am

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by peanutbutter34, Feb 17, 2017.

1. peanutbutter34

please take the time to read and offer some advice..

so as a child i was always very male-aligned, i had male friends and asked my mum if i could be one. i could probably be classed as a transgender kid tbh.

as a pre-teen i started to experiment with feminine things which i hated, it all felt so boring and not like me, i felt uncomfortable around it all. i started to become slowly more masculine with clothing, hair, binding, etc and now i feel wonderful.

i accepted the fact i was a masculine girl, who's also gay, but i started to hate the word 'lesbian'. i didn't want to be known as that, it made my skin crawl. i then started to bind, i started over a year ago using my younger sisters sports bras because they'd bind me so tightly, and i'd look in the mirror and be amazed at how much i liked what i saw.

i got my hair cut, and whenever they cut it into a girly pixie cut i was so angry and upset, i just wanted a boys haircut, i also started using mascara on my facial hair and surprisingly liked it?

recently i've started to hate my name, i cannot stand it, i don't want to use it and it causes me distress how i probably won't be able to change it. i want a boy's name, i have a list of names i would use.

so it started off as me being a lesbian, a 'butch lesbian' shall we say. (i hate being called that) and i was like okay cool? but now more and more things have started to happen that indicates i'm maybe not a girl.

now the only thing that holds me back from dealing with these feelings, is that i'm really comfortable with my downstairs and defiantly don't want the opposite to what i have? i'm happy with what i have, and although they do feel slightly strange when i think about it, i would never want to change them?? :help::help::help:

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You do sound like you have had a typical trans male childhood.

But I am best at giving you advice for your last little bit.
    There are a lot of trans men who do not experience bottom dysphoria and/or do not wish for bottom surgery. Everyone's experience as a trans person is different.

If you come to the conclusion that you are trans and that you wish to medical transition (such as with hormones and/or surgeries) it is already to not want bottom surgery. You should.only do what you are comfortable with, and if you are fine with the downstairs then there is no reason to change that. You are still ever by a man either way.

3. Cinis

Cinis Guest

This. There are in fact many guys who decide against changing their parts , be it for simply not being uncomfortable with it, the problems and risks of the surgery or are variety of other reasons. Among them are even celebrities who decided to openly talk about their experiences, so it's clearly not a factor speaking against you.

But as always: You're the only one that can know, take your time, etc, etc, etc..