1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my pool experience last year

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ames, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Ames

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had male breast augmentation last December. So I am a guy with boobs some I have always wanted, which is fine. They are pretty noticeable as I am a solid 40C cup in bras. After the intital adjustment of getting use to having breasts, I thought I was fine. Summer came and my sister had a pool party. I was invited and was both excited and a bit apprehensive as this would be the first time really out wearing a swim top out among a lot of people. Prior it was just family or a few close friends. I got there early, went to the pool, great day for s pool party sunny and hot. Was talking to a few people, later took off my shirt and went in the pool. Got out started taking to a few women there and for some reason I started to feel all eyes were staring at me not sure why I feel like I couldn't breathe. I ran r from the pool inside my sister's house and locked myself in one of her bedrooms I never felt like this before, scared couldn't breathe my heart pounding. My sister came in I was s mess. Finally I calmed down and wanted to leave. I had forgotten my shirt left it at the pool. My sister went back to retrieve it I looked no one was in the house, I left through the front door do scared, I don't know why. Took my the rest of the day to calm down. Don't know why, I was sort of excited to go to the party, I even went out with a friend and bought a new swim top. I have had that feeling as intense since then but I also haven't been to a pool party or any place where I would have to wear a swim top either. Can't understand why .

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you may have experienced a panic attack . This is not uncommon sims only have a couple in their life others having them constantly and have to seek medical health. Sons tips I've found that may help: hold ice, fidget, notice the overwhelmed feelings building, remove yourself politely from loud noises until you've calmed down, try to take deep breaths, list all the colors you see. Let me know if you need anything else (just send me a message). I know panic attacks/severe anxiety is awful, just hang in there. It will get better.

3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since you mentioned breathing being a big symptom i would recommend googling breathing exercises. I get panic attacks every once in a while in spurts and breathing deep as well as using breathing exercises helps as breathing is my main symptom as well. You definetally had a panic attack.

4. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Panic attacks can happen for multiple reasons, though now that you have experienced one it is possible that you may experience one again in a similar situation since your brain has made a link between the situation and the feelings that caused the panic attack. So my suggestion would be to not try and avoid similar situations because that would only make it worse, but instead keeping an eye out on early signs of an upcoming panic attack when in a similar situation and trying to calm yourself down.

For me having another person on which I can orient my breathing helps a lot.( Though everyone has their own methods)

The reasons for having a panic attack can be vastly different and don't have to do anything with the situation you were in, though going from your description it could be some sort of fear of being judged or found out etc.

5. Ames

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your comments, I'm really trying to figure out why I had this attack
    There have been times when I felt self conscious but that was right after surgery. Will spring coming I'm hoping I won't have another one. I looking into possible breathing techniques. The