1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Just get over yourself"

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mihael, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like, am I the only person out there who sees the problem of "just be a tomboy"? It's not that you get to be a tomboy if you just want to. People give sh... for it. Enormous amounts of sh... Okey, maybe if you're a "safe" and mild tomboy who likes sports and doesn't wear make-up. Maybe if you don't step out of the line. Then you "positively" "break stereotypes". Not if you reassemble a grown man. The contempt, the disgust they speak with about women like me. The tone with which they articulate that "he-she" word. "Those women look like some he-shes". A wink of diapproval. I don't think there is anything shameful or bad about not being clearly a he or a she. But a lot of people think those women are a worse breed. Ugly or unnatural. Because threatening. Because strong. All those small comments that I'd better look pretty and sexy and would better do more subtle things than brutal sports and science. All those small comments are like a rain that floods your garden. Small drops, but together do damage.

It's so easy? Seriously? It's easy? Now I see what I feared for so long and why I stayed in the closet. For a teenager it was way too much to bear.