1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TransDragon, Feb 18, 2017.

1. TransDragon

I feel uncomfortable in my underwear. I am trying to get some feminine underwear, but being a teenager, I can't use Amazon and am always with family or friends at stores. I've nicked a pair or two out of my mother's drawer but they don't....feel
    right..... How can I get my own set without anybody knowing and go can I hide them when not in use?

2. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I may not be trans, but I understand your struggle to a degree.

From the looks of it, it's probably not going to be easy no matter how you go about it to acquire a set of underwear. If you're just looking for the bottom half, there are some smaller men's styles that you could still get at the store. You just might have to come up with an excuse for the new look if anyone asks why you want to get them instead of what you have so far.

There also may be a few ways you could makeshift a bra, if you're even interested in one. But beyond that, I don't see an easy solution to acquire authentic female underwear in your current situation.

I know it's probably increasingly tough to deal with these conflicts of self and the clothes and things you wear. But the less risky you are with what you try to hide, the better for the time being.

3. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I have read on other forms with similar questions about buying binders, packers or other transgender related things that you don't want your parent to know about if you are not out to them. If you have a birthday or holiday coming up, ask for a visa gift card or amazon giftcard and then you can go online and use the visa giftcard or amazon giftcard.

As for trying to get stuff locally, perhaps try getting different style of underwear that is similar to female underwear (in the men's department) to start. If you are not out to your parents (assuming you are not), then this would at least make it easier for you to get a similar style of underwear. Another option is choose an online underwear site to order from and ask your mom if you could order some online ... Some sites sell to both men and women.

You could also try going to the mall with a friend (preferably female to be less awkward and also someone you are out to) and shopping with cash there (carpool and have parents drop off and pick up at certain times so they don't have to stay.

Good luck!

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2017 at 07:53 PM ----------

As for hiding, I don't have any tips for you.
    There are plenty of tutorials for how to make bras from male underwear I think too if you were looking for both top and bottoms like the last poster said

4. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not trans, but I do have some experience with underwear difficulties from when I was trying more thing during my "what the hell is my gender" phase. If a bio girl wants feminine underwear, its ok. But if a bio girl wants something feminine underwear that's actually cute or lacy, then the normal family will disapprove.

Go clothes shopping on your own (if its not too embarrassing), have a drawer with a spot in the back to hid them (or something else), and be able to wash your own clothes without interruption. That's about all I can offer.

5. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I bought underwear in a large shop that sells a lot of different things with my friend. We hovered by the men's underwear section for ages pretending to be looking at the candles that were on the other side of the path. I'm the end I walked across and grabbed the first thing that was in my size and left. I hid it under other stuff that I was buying and the buried it at the bottom of the bag. It's terrifying I get that but the best thing to remember is that literally no one cares what you're buying. No one. Walk in there and pretend like you belong and don't care and aren't self conscious. I saw a suggestion from someone beforevthst said if you're buying something embarresssing just add a birthday card to your shopping and everyone will assume it's a present (for a girlfriend maybe?).