1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friendship dysphoria??????????

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by peanutbutter34, Feb 19, 2017.

1. peanutbutter34

so growing up as a lil kid i had all male friends, and society kinda pushed me into having female only friends, plus most white boys think i'm ''weird'' cause i'm masc looking, and i feel v v out of place w female only friendship groups? like i want trans friends or male friends n being w just girls makes me feel uncomfy :frowning2: anyone relate or not?

2. randomconnorcon

I can relate for having and wanting trans and male friends. When I was a kid, I had no friends outside of my family (almost all of my cousins are male, as are three out of my five siblings), so I grew up as one of the boys at home. In primary school, I was mostly outcasted - I didn't fit with the girls and they didn't like me and I didn't (still don't) have the social skills to hang around the boys, so they ignored me. In high school, I had a mix of males and females I got on with and spoke to a lot, but my main friends were a group of four girls. And they were great, they still are, but I didn't really know how to relate to a lot of what they said or did or liked as we got older. And since leaving high school, to go to different colleges and universities, I've not seen them as much as I was used to in high school. So, even though I still consider them my friends and probably always will, since having that space and coming out as trans I feel like the outcast all over again.

I made some good friends in university, one of whom is non-binary AFAB (as is their AMAB partner, who I'm somewhat friends with) and another who is a trans guy as well, so that's good. And I became good friends with two (female) people online who I now know in real life. But we all live so far away, so it's easy to feel alone and left out. I hope to find friends closer to home.

#2 randomconnorcon, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe try looking for tomboyish girl friends? Girls who like nerd stuff, sports, or I dunno, that share some interest with you, simply. You must be in high school. That age is difficult, and boys are difficult in this age, and girls too, so it's easy to feel excluded if you don't follow a gender stereotype. Go look for friends somewhere else, seriously.