1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ItsLeigh, Feb 19, 2017.

1. ItsLeigh

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, so I've been thinking a lot recently.

I realized that I don't feel comfortable as a female. I don't like female pronouns, or the thought of being seen as a female, my female name, and my female features.

I thought that I might be trans* but I'm not sure now. I don't feel like a girl, but I'm not sure I necessarily want to be a guy.
    I have binded my chest a few times and I love having a flat chest. I've also called myself by a male name, and by male pronouns and I'm not sure how I feel. I definitely don't dislike it though.

Can anyone tell me what they think?

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there,

Just by reading your post, I think you are at an age where it is normal to question your identity. There is more to the gender/sexuality spectrum than just a trans* identity. You could be gender fluid. You could be what some call a "masculine of center" female, etc. Can you close your eyes and imagine being a guy. Like really a guy...not just outside looks.

I would encourage you to just experiment and see what feels right. Obviously you feel more comfortable with male pronouns, and like the look of a bound chest. Did you know other women bind for different reasons? Because they feel more comfortable, that it reflects their identity better, etc. Google it, you'll find a lot of interesting things. But you also mention that you aren't sure about the change of name/pronouns. I think if you were trans* you would be ecstatic. Just my opinion.

I think you should poke around these forums some more. Ask other EC members questions. Don't be afraid to change your frame of mind. Many people here (myself included) go through various phases before we become comfortable.

Hope this helps. These are just some quick thoughts.

Sebby45

P.S. Oh, and welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

#2 Sebby45, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. ItsLeigh

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ---------- Post added 19th Feb 2017 at 08:05 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    I have thought about the other genders before too, but the only other one I've considered was non-binary but again I don't quite know if that's right.
    I will definitely ask around more and experiment too.
    Thank you~

#3 ItsLeigh, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017