1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please!?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by questions4ever, Feb 19, 2017.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm just so confused about my gender right now. Point being I want to start experimenting with looking like a man and see how it feels. How does a curvy person make themselves look like a man and not a butch lesbian? Any tips for where to begin? Where should I start? Btw I'm in high school and don't want anyone to know about any of this at this point.

2. Najlen

If you can, buying a chest binder would be one way to start. Binders squish down your chest so that it has a more masculine appearance. You don't have to bind if you don't want to, but if you choose to do it please make sure to do it safely. Some good brands are Underworks and GC2B. Using things like duct tape, ace bandages, and saran wrap (or anything not specifically meant for binding) is a bad idea and can end up really hurting you. Also be careful with cheaper ones. If they are not made properly they can hurt you. Sorry to stress this so much, but binding unsafely can give you breathing problems and even break your ribs, so please be careful.

For making your hips and waist look less feminine, you can try wearing button downs or big hoodies. Wearing pants so the waistline is more on your hips than your waist also helps. If you have long hair that you want to hide you can try putting it up into a beanie. As far as clothes go, button downs and other loose tops are definitely your friends. I hope this helps, and good luck!