1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding While Sleeping???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by UntitledT, Feb 21, 2017.

1. UntitledT

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dysphoria practically runs my life. Specifically chest dysphoria. For the past week or so, I've been noticing more and more the dysphoria gets at its peak around the time I go to bed. Is there any form of compression I can do at night to minimize this? (I'm a GC2B Lg/b cup) *I think, but its also been 10 months on testosterone and quite a bit of weight distribution*

Thanks guys :smilewave

2. Irisviel

Binding affects your breathing, circulation, chest muscles and all sorts of stuff you need to be able to consciously keep an eye on. So I would highly advise to throw the idea out of the window for safety and health related reasons. And while I'm not a guy I would say the same about tucking, apart from the breathing part lol.

#2 Irisviel, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^^

This. Sleeping with a binder on is pretty dangerous because it restricts your breathing. Dysphoria sucks, but hurting yourself in the process isn't worth it.

4. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Binding while sleeping is extremely inadvisable, for the reasons already described. When you're asleep problems such as lung constriction and rib damage could progress unnoticed for several hours, leaving you to find out only when it's too late. Nobody wants to wake up unable to breathe. Don't do it.

5. Kye

Kye

What everyone else has said- Do. Not. Bind. Whilst. Sleeping.
    Seriously, it can be incredibly dangerous and possibly fatal, so it's definitely not worth the risk.
    Perhaps you could try sleeping on your front instead, so that everything is sorta squished flat? that's how I sometimes deal with dysphoria xx
    Also, once you're asleep, you won't experience the dysphoria, so perhaps it'd be best to try and focus instead on relaxing techniques and falling to sleep quicker, so you can shorten that period of dysphoria before you nod off for the night :slight_smile:

6. UntitledT

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For those mentioning solely binding, I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding, or I wrote this thread post wrong. But my intentions were more about a more "compressioned" look if that makes sense. I was speaking more of sports bra esque attire and garments that were meant to be worn often. Even something like a "surfer" swim shirt. I actually read something about a trans male using what was referred to as a "dance top" and from what I read its similar to a leotard? (Ive never danced so I have no idea) I was curious if anyone had tried anything similar, or use these techniques.

#6 UntitledT, Feb 21, 2017
  7. Kye

Kye

I think it's the word 'binding' in the title that's leading everyone to address the subject of binders, Untitled xx
    Something like a sports bra would be most likely ok to sleep in, providing that it wasn't too tight, because otherwise you'll have that same problem of constricting breathing, which you definitely want to avoid.

8. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sleep in a loose sports bra. Something offers minimum compression, but enough to take the edge off dysphoria if it is there that night.
    Never use a binder or anything that compresses to much though.

9. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah a sports bra would probably be okay, though not great for you over time according to some.

10. Irisviel

You should let your breast tissue relax though. Because if you bind during the day, then compress just a little at night... I mean something light could be fine. But then again imagine sleeping with socks on. Even that would make your feet feel worn and tired. Your body needs at least some time to regenerate.

11. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not trans or anything, but I would also like to say that I sleep in sports bras all. the. time. (I'm just too lazy to take my bra off some nights). And I have never had breathing problems or anything. If you think a sports bra will work for you, well, you should know it's probably safe.

12. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I don't think it is good for you to sleep in any kind of bra. But a sportbra is not likely to cause immediate damage like a binder could. I've known of chicks to sleep in bras all the time. I thought it was weird and unhealthy. But they're all fine so far.

#12 Rickystarr, Feb 21, 2017
  13. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    don't do it, it'll only give you more physical problems with your back and breathing in the long run. If it helps, try sleeping on your back with your arms over your head so they dont accidentally touch your chest. Sleeping on your back is also better for your posture than sleeping on your stomach which is something that is important to keep an eye on when you're binding everyday and trying to hide your chest.