1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My chest is making me go insane :)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by peanutbutter34, Feb 23, 2017.

1. peanutbutter34

So i have three different binders now, that's £100. I went from XL, to L and when i got a medium i CRIED of happiness, because it made me flat. i laid down on my bed and my chest literally looks and feels so obvious, it pushes up, and also in the space of a week it seems to not bind as well anymore. They are all gc2b and i've heard underworks hurts more but binds better? I want to cut my chest off of me, it's making me go crazy. I feel happier without a binder sometimes because when i wear my binder it's like it's taking the piss, it feels like it does nothing for me other than make dysphoria worse, almost like it's saying haha you'll never have a flat chest. Does anyone have suggestions? Bare in mind i'm 16 and won't be allowed (nhs) top surgery for like at LEAST 3 years?:tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

2. Najlen

My experience is that underworks works ok but not great, and they don't have as many sizes as gc2b so it's harder to fit them accurately. I'm between sizes at underworks and the one I have from them is slightly too big and it still hurts. It could work for you, or it might not. Keep in mind that even cis males do not have a completely flat chest, they still have pectoral muscles. If you can't get completely flat, it's ok. One thing you could try that might help is pushing your breasts down and to the side once your binder is on.

If you feel better not wearing a binder, you are under no obligation to do so. A big sweatshirt or layering shirts can help hide your chest as well. If it's too uncomfortable, you don't have to bind.

I do have a question for you: If you started at a larger size and have gone down to a smaller one, is that because the smaller one is a better size according to the sizing chart? I know that getting rid of dysphoria is important, but if you are using a binder meant for someone with a smaller chest size, it will stretch out faster and could be dangerous for your health.