1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to wear a strapless dress

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by purplepuppy, Feb 23, 2017.

1. purplepuppy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm pre-everything and I have this strapless dress to wear to an event week after next, any ideas how to get it to stay up and how best to get rid of my chest hair for it?

2. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I shave my chest hair, not sure how to make a strapless stay up though.

For shaving I just take a hot bath, get my chest nice and wet, then shave in the tub toward the end of the bath, rinsing the razor between strokes.

3. Najlen

You could try adding clear straps to it, that would hold it up. You could also use fashion tape which would stick the dress to your skin.

4. HojaVioleta

Shaving or eplilating/waxing, depending on how you want to balance pain and dysphoria. As for making it stay up, safety pins to tighten it?

5. Quist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some of my strapless dresses have small straps on the insides that attach to a bra to help hold it up, does yours have anything like that?

Almost all mine have elastic tops too to help hold them up, so I don't have much experience with trying to get them to stay up.

I also shave off my chest hair and I recommend you use shave gel instead of shaving cream. It has really helped with the razor burn I used to get.

6. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Shave your chest and get double-sided tape. Try to find some more powerful double-sided tape, or even the kind made specifically for clothes. Bring it with you in case you need to re-adjust. Definitely shave your chest though. Not only so you don't look hairy, but I think the tape will work better that way.

7. Winter Storm

I've been female my whole life and could never figure the strapless dress thing, even with boobs. To me it's like wrapping a towel around yourself and hoping it doesn't fall down. The only success with strapless bras i had was a corset type. It came down to my waist and actually stayed up the whole day.

Good luck.

8. Myles Kramer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    oooh a strapless dress, thats hot!!

This may seem backwards but put on a tight/ snug tube top, sports bra (with the shoulder holes folded down over your chest), even a belt might work and tape that to your body from the previous suggestions; then safety pin the dress to the snug material! (I would say go treat yourself and get some sexy lingerie if you feel comfortable enough-- or try a cheap walmart bandeau <3) This will help keep the dress up, but if the worst case scenario happens and your dress slips a little, you'll look like any other girl that this happens to.

There are also silicon strips/ bra cups to be found at many craft stores in the fabric section such as Micheals-- those need to be sewn on to the dress but will they give you permanent sweat resistant grip that usually only needs to be adjusted every once in a while with some active dancing.