1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Can I Do?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JAA1297, Feb 26, 2017.

1. JAA1297

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

So I'm a transgender girl an i'm in bit of a tough situation right now. My parents and family are completely not ok with any of this, so I can't transition fully yet. But for now, I'm looking to do things that can help me accept myself and live my life as me. One thing I've thought of doing is using a girl name at school, and I've decided on the name Ella, and I've told the school about this and they are ok with changing my name. I've also started saving up so i can buy hormones to take secretly because that will help a lot too. But I don't know what else I can do beyond those two things, while they help a lot I still feel really bad sometimes and I want to be happy and idk what I can do to help me be me while at the same time not risking it with my parents. For example, I can't wear any feminine clothing such as slim fit
    pants because my parents think it's inappropriate and "gay", so idk. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Najlen

I'm sorry your family responded that way. That's never easy. Congratulations on the name change at school though! The only thing I can think of for clothes is if you wore feminine clothing but hid it under outerwear until you were away from your parents. Or you could change at school if you're comfortable doing that. Some other little things you could do are wear feminine accessories, start growing your hair out or get a pixie cut if you want to, wear women's perfume or shave your legs. All of those things are optional, not all cisgender women do them and you certainly aren't required to, but they might help.

One more thing though- It's not a good idea to self medicate, you should try and get a prescription for hormones if you can. That way you can be sure the dosage is correct. If you're already planning on doing that, sorry, just making sure since you said in secret.