1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding my gender identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by OrangeWolf, Mar 1, 2017.

1. OrangeWolf

To begin with, my sex assigned at birth was male and I am heterosexual.

However, I believe that my gender identity (which I have researched on the web) is Genderfluid. I believe that some of the reasons behind this are my choice of clothes that I like to wear.
    I do like to wear knickers and thongs (lingerie) of the female sex which I buy myself in my own size. I wear these knickers under my masculine clothing sometimes; jeans, trousers (but not all the time) while out in public as well as at home because it makes me feel good.
    I do also have a rainbow-coloured wig and was even tempted to by a mini-skirt originally (but I don't think I have the right body type to pull it off; I'm a bit overweight). I don't use make-up, but I do like to use feminine deodorant/body sprays and creams because they smell nicer than a lot what is available for men, although I do use men's products as well as normal (for shaving etc).
    It's like I dress masculine on the outside, but feminine underneath, if that makes any sense. Kind of a rant, I know, but I don't know how else to explain this to anyone :frowning2:

While my biological sex is male and my sexual orientation is heterosexual, my question is, does this make my gender identity Genderfluid? If not, is there another term for this?

Any advice given will be appreciated,
    OrangeWolf :wink:

#1 OrangeWolf, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2017
  2. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you need to work out what’s driving you to dress the way you do. If it’s simply because you like those clothes then that’s not a gender issue. If you feel a need to present that way because inside you are a male and it’s a reflection of your internal sense of being a man, then that’s a different question entirely.

3. OrangeWolf

15/85 in terms of both the first and second answers. By the way, is that your opinion or is that a fact? I'm confused.... :frowning2:

#3 OrangeWolf, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is my opinion, but I base it on the fact that there are people who crossdress while still identifying as cisgender.

5. OrangeWolf

Okay, thank you for your response. A lot of what I mentioned earlier can depend on how I feel everyday on day by day basis. For example, some days I feel more male than female so I become aggressive like a male, maybe grow my beard out and dress in a masculine way. While on days when I feel more female than male I shave my face completely, adopt a feminine, kinder attitude (act in a feminine way) and also do what I previously mentioned.

It just adds to my own personal sense of self :wink:

OrangeWolf

P.S. I take it that you are Genderfluid yourself? All the best.

#5 OrangeWolf, Mar 1, 2017
  6. OrangeWolf

Does anyone else have any other advice for me? :frowning2: :slight_smile: :help: :bang: :smilewave

#6 OrangeWolf, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017