1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think i'm a nonbinary trapped in a FTM body.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MaxMoon, Mar 1, 2017.

1. MaxMoon

Hi. I really need advice because I'm feeling really bad these days.

First of all, I want to apologize If something I had written here doesn't make anysense. I'm from México, so english is not my first language.

I'm a 23 yo FTM. I started my transition at 18. My experience was kind of different of what I always hear. Even If I was tomboy as hell at my childhood, I was a girly teenager. My wardrobe was full of skirts, dresses and stuff like that. I used to wear makeup all the time, even If that day I wasn't leaving my house. I defined my self as a pretty pink punky princess. At some point when I was 16, I started to feel bad for being a woman. My mother gave me a pretty conservative sex education, she told me women were men's sex toys and that girls don't feel pleasure. I live in a country where girls are sexually harassed everyday and people act like it's normal. Even when it comes from they're own family. I related being a woman with being powerless.

I was scared of being a female. Then I kind of decided to became a man. My family, appart of my mother's sex education, was fully supportive. For 2 years I was the stereotypical pre-op and pre-t FTM (but gay, cause I had a boyfriend).

Everything was ok. But I really missed my girly side. I felt so guilty about that! Secretly, I bought some wigs and girly clothing. It was so weird!! Me, a female bodied person hiding of be seen wearing skirts and painting my toe nails pink. But even with that in my mind, I started my HRT.

2 years of T and it gave me a pre-teen boy voice, hairy legs, some facial hair (barely) and huge back. I looked like a 15 yo boy. Not like a 22 young man. At first I wasn't happy with that. I know most people says that T doesn't make any emotional changes but I was angry all the time, answering violently to everything and everyone around me, even myself. I used to hit my own body and break stuff.

It was a living hell.

They day I hurted my boyfriend as a result of my constant state of anger. I understood how wrong I was. My doctor asked me for a clinic hormone check and she found out I had almost the double amount of T I was suposed to have. So she postponed my treatment.

First I went through depression because I was going back to the start. But within my first period I felt calm and peace for the first time in years. It was like letting my body do a cleaning from inside to outside. I was again the gentle, nice and cute person I used to be. It was awesome. My doctor revised my breast and ovaries with an ultrasound and didn't find any damage. So I decided to stop my treatment definetly.

At this point I don't feel like a man or a woman. I'm legally a male. Biologicaly a female. But my mind is something in between.

Sometimes I think I should stay like this, wearing androgynous clothes and passing as a teen boy. But there are days I want to have a baby, get a full time woman life. Other days I want to start T again and became a super manly man. I'm so confused.

So this is my life as a FTM person. I really need advice, I need to feel comfortable with who I am. Any help would be totally appreciated.

2. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Women are not powerless. They are not sex objects. There is no weaker sex. As a long time feminist, I truly believe this. There are no better or worse genders.

But even with these thoughts, and all of the women's empowerment I was presented with from childhood on, I still can't identify myself as a woman. It doesn't feel right. And I get confused - if I really believe that there's nothing wrong with being a woman, why does it hurt me to be seen as a woman?

Sometimes you question and doubt, no matter what views on women you were presented with. And even if you felt sure of yourself at one point, it's ok to be questioning yourself now. Questioning is the only way to get to the root of things, and find the answer to who we are, and how we can achieve happiness.

I can relate to you when it comes to being a tomboy as a kid, and a very girly teenager. I wore dresses and heels all through high school - although I wore black on black most days, never pink. I really don't think this is uncommon for trans people. Many people I've spoken with tried harder to be their designated gender through their teenage years.

I know that isn't the standard narrative, but there's a million ways to be. And many of us did try our best to conform in one way or another.

I've never ever wanted to have children or lead a woman's life, even though I do enjoy domestic activities like baking and sewing. But by contrast, I've never wanted to be a big manly man, either, even if I enjoy welding and forging metal. I don't really know what it's like for you to experience conflicting desires like that, but I do hope with some reflection, you can find the right path for yourself!

For me, I'm happy being a nonbinary FTM. I need to be seen as male, I need to have a male-ish body. But I don't mind having a vagina. If I were seen as a guy, if I "passed", I would cross-dress. I tried putting myself in a box once, and I don't ever want to do that again. I don't see why my inner feelings of maleness should be discredited just because of what I put on my body when I get dressed in the morning. I'm happy being androgynous. I feel respected when I'm seen as male, and called by male pronouns.

If you ever need to talk, I'm here to listen. And no matter how you feel about yourself - you're FTM, a woman, a nonbinary individual - I respect that.