1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Send me some articles.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure we've all read an article or two about the trans male wrestler who was forced to play on girls team in Texas.

I'm currently in an argumentment with a commenters (yes I read the comment) who is accusing the kid of doping because he is on T-injections.

I have explained that his T-levels have been monitored carefully by doctors to insure he is in the range of a cis-male, and that against other males he would not have an advantage.

This person then says I am wrong. And posted this article saying that because it was written by a doctor thus my argument is invalid, and that the article proves that no one knows the affect of T in the long run with transitioning during youth.

I didn't do an in depth reading of the article, but what I did read seemed to point that this article is talking about the long term effects of puberty blockers and not T.
    I pointed this fact out and shared with them articles about long term effects of T. But since these articles are mostly written by trans men they refuse to believe them.

I did tell them that it is correct that the long term effects of puberty blockers are indeed not clear, but currently there appeared to be very fee and in no one way give an athele an unfair adavnatage in their sport.

If anyone has articles that are more professional to share while I argue with the person then I would strongly plead with you to share with me.