1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transition

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by EmmaReed, Mar 3, 2017.

1. EmmaReed

Hi!

I was wondering whether i should transition or not. I am transgender but not the mainstream transsexual. I mean, i never thought that 'i was trapped in the wrong body', and i don't hate my genitalia. I don't like facial hair at all and i do electrolysis, but i don't hate myself that much.
    The only reason i want to transition is beause my personality and my soul is feminine. I am a girl on the inside and i know it. I often thought about having female body from young age.
    I am a really sesitive and feminine person and the female body 'fits me' the best. So i would transition to find harmony. Because it would make me feel comfortable if the inner me and the outer me were consistent. So i am not a stereotipical women and i dont want to be seen as one. I dont want others to want me to behave like a cis-woman. Because for me transgender means that i can become who i am and not something that others expect me to be.
    I don't know if this makes sense for you but that's how i feel.
    What do you think?

Emma
    (she/her)

#1 EmmaReed, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  2. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello there!! Just know that there is no right or wrong way to be trans. There are tons of trans people, binary or not, who know who they are on the inside but don't feel like they're trapped in the wrong body either-- hating yourself isn't a prerequisite to being trans so don't think that you don't belong or are faking or over exaggerating some part of yourself because you don't hate yourself! I think you should celebrate that you love yourself, because there are too many people in this world who do not, and many trans people do struggle with self hate from others not accepting or seeing who they really are. Transition is entirely relative and personal, so if you want to transition because you think it'll make you even happier even though you might already be just alright, then go for it! Take the steps you need to for your own journey.

3. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you feel a NEED to transition, or is it just something you think you ought to do because you're trans? If that absolute NEED isn't there, I recommend against it. The economic, social and medical cost is high. You can always transition only few small things that make you happy. Transition doesn't mean going all the way. It only means making a change, of transitioning from one thing to another. If that's from having facial hair to not having facial hair, and that's the only thing you ever change, then that's your transition. The intended end result of transition is different for everyone.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound like me.

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't feel trapped in the wrong body, I could probably survive with a female body if I had to, but I will still transition anyway because I know that I will never reach the level of happiness I want if I don't. But this is just me.

If a person should transition or not is up to that person. There are people who don't have dysphoria (yes such trans people do exist) who still transition because they feel it is the best fit for them and that such a body they would achieve is a better fit for them. Some people don't feel trapped in the wrong body and still transition so that they can feel more comfortable. And some don't have that overhelming NEED (the "I feel like I will die if I don't") but still transition because they feel their life will improve in some way if they do or that they will be more themselves if they do. Every trans person has a different story and a different reason as to why they did or did not transitioning.

But if you are transitioning because you feel that is what is expected of you because you are trans then perhaps you should rethink. You shouldn't transition if you don't want to or don't feel that you need to.