1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Just Unsure

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by realworldbound, Mar 4, 2017.

1. realworldbound

Out Status:
    Family only
    This past summer I realized that I am definitely genderfluid. I have weeks on end where I feel like I need to present as a girl and wish I could transition. Then other weeks where I feel completely male and almost laugh at why I would ever consider transitioning. I used to always think this "girl fantasy" was just because I liked men but now I know that it is completely separate. That being said, I'm really scared for how I am going to live my life from here. I worry that maybe the female side is stronger and I should just transition when I'm older to be more true to myself. However, the other side makes me think that I would regret it once I feel male again, and that it would just be easier to live as a feminine gay man. Any other non-binary people experience things like this that could help? I want to live a happy life that expresses myself fully, however, I also do not want to create any more anxiety than I already have.

#1 realworldbound, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. astriferous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I experience something similar, though not to the point where I (seriously) consider full transitioning. I'm afab nonbinary and sometimes I consider going on testosterone, but (and most often) when I don't feel like I need it, I don't want to transition like that at all. I get dysphoria at differing times, but not consistently, and not enough to warrant surgery. So, my plan is to have a chest binder and packer (and I don't have either of these at the moment, but I will probably get them when I move out) and just present more masculine when I feel like I need to. Idk if this helps but it's what I'm planning on doing.

I think it might be best not to ignore your female side. From what you wrote, it seems like it's a substantial part of you that would make you happy indulging in. It might be stressful, but a necessary stress, to look into getting whatever you might need to present feminine without physically transitioning (breast forms and the like) if you haven't already. I've also heard of people considering transitioning anyways and using a binder on their breasts when they feel male, which might be an option for you? It really depends on what you need from transitioning, etc. And it is a tough position to be in. hope this helps at all and that everything works out

3. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think the decision to transition is different for each person... I am bigender (AFAB), but often find myself male or both genders. Sometimes I think about transition, but for me I know that being physically female doesn't affect me being male. Also I eventually I may end up getting a packer or stp and a binder/compression sports bra to help lessen some of the dysphoria. Sadly, it might be a while before I will get those because I am not out to many people.

4. realworldbound

Out Status:
    Family only
    This actually is just like me. When I say transition, I definitely mean partial. Like maybe facial femininzation or something like that down the line. I don't get body dysphoria so going through all of those changes just doesn't seem necessary, especially when I'm bound to just feel like a boy again at some point. By you sharing this, it definitely helps kind of reassure that any medical transition should be only if I really need it...I mean there's always make-up, right? :lol: I wish the best for you in this journey also..I'm sure we will figure this out!