1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testosterone

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Justsomeklutz, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Justsomeklutz

I never minded not being on T before but now I think that is a step I need to take in my transition to be happier.

My problem is my partner isn't happy about the possibility of me going on T. Because of a bad past the increase and especially facial hair. Is going to be a big problem. With been together for 2 years now. And I don't really know what to do.

2. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps you can sign up for laser or electrolysis hair removal. I'm getting that done as soon as I start T and the first hairs appear, because as a bi-gender person my femme side can't handle the idea of facial hair. My masculine side doesn't feel a need for facial hair.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether or not you're going to experience a lot of facial hair generally depends on your genetics. So if it runs in your family, then it may happen to you too. If that's the case, you could shave; though I'm sort of curious to know if facial hair is something you genuinely don't want or care for, or if you're wanting to avoid it solely for your partner.

4. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes if it's not a thing that will cause dysphoria, doing things for your partner is a very, very good idea. Not everything has to be about the person transitioning. You have to give your partner something they need to keep the relationship healthy. It's give and take, not take, take take.