1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe I'm Demifluid

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Casey221B, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Casey221B

Genderfluid seems to kind of fit me, but so does genderqueer. So, maybe I'm part genderfluid and part genderqueer? So demifluid and demienby

2. YeahpIdk

Genderfluid and genderqueer are the same thing. :slight_smile:

#2 YeahpIdk, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  3. Quniverse

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think genderqueer is more of an umbrella term. Like non-binary, it's an all-encompassing label. Genderfluid is a more specific label under the term genderqueer.

4. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I hope I can help put here.
    When a person is non-binary, they are uncomfortable or distressed at being male or female. Thus, they live as non-binary to put them at peace.
    I did some digging about what genderqueer is and found a few definitions, such as :
    "a person who does not subscribe to conventional gender distinctions but identifies with neither, both, or a combination of male and female genders."
    Another definition I found was a gender non-conforming person. Gender variance, whether you are male, female or nonbinary, is a normal thing. For example, just because a woman is confortable wearing a skirt one day but wears a suit another doesn't make her less of a woman. The same applies to males and non-binary people. Gender variance and expression is normal when it comes to any gender. Demifluid doesn't seen to fit you as well. Based on what I am hearing, you seem like a non-binary person with some variance of expression, and that's okay. Genderqueer is non-binary, so it would fit you.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps.