1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just need someone to know.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Fulldarknostars, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Fulldarknostars

Hi.

I just need someone to know how I'm feeling today and you, dear strangers on the internet, are the only ones I can talk to about this. Right now I feel like crying because of how wrong I feel.

I'm AFAB but I don't have a specific label when it comes to my gender identity. I wish I had one but it's complicated (and not necessary though it would certainly make things easier). To say that I'm not female feels wrong. To say that I am 100 % female feels wrong. I mostly just think of myself as just being me. I don't identify as male but as a child I used to wonder why I didn't feel like a girl and I really liked it when people thought I was a boy. I'm completely fine with female pronouns but I wish I didn't look as feminine as I do. I wish I could present androgynously and I try to dress accordingly but my feminine body parts make it very difficult for me to present the way I wish I could. My guess is that I'm agender or genderfluid (between female and agender) but I don't know because I also feel masculine at times. Maybe I'm androgyne. I really don't know. Like I said, it's complicated. Pretty sure I'm not cis though. Pretty sure someone who's cis wouldn't spend this much time questioning their gender identity.

What I do know is that I hate my chest. I hate it. The universe gifted me with a very large pair of breasts that I detest. Always have, always will. They're a dead giveaway of the fact that I'm AFAB, which sucks. I always dislike my chest and I think about it pretty much every single day but there are periods when I feel completely wrong and very sad because of it. Today I'm feeling really sad, angry, and dejected. I'm overweight and I'm in the process of losing weight, which might help a little but even when my weight was "normal" (as in not overweight) my chest was much larger than average or whatever so I don't think losing weight will solve that problem. I've been thinking about binding but I don't know where to start or how to deal with other people's reactions to it. I'm overwhelmed and sad. I just hate how these two lumps of fat hinder me from presenting and feeling the way I believe I should present and feel.

I feel like punching something.

I guess this might be considered dysphoria (?). How do I deal with it? Every time I experience it I can't do anything but letting it consume me and ruin my days. How do you deal with it?

Anyway, I just wanted to let someone know that I'm not doing well today and that I wish my chest was flat.

Thanks for reading.

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sigh. Yes that is dysphoria. You know the word so you have pretty much figured out what it means too. And I am sure you have delved into the irony of having what many others would just give their left arm for.. and yet not wanting it yourself. Grr!

That's your third paragraph. The problem. I have to say the second paragraph gives hope. You feel the way you feel and don't feel bad about it. You can express/dress/present however you want. You're in pretty good shape there (in case you didn't know it.) Except for those boobs...

Of course you know that obsessing about something just makes it "grow" (figuratively) way bigger. What activities/thoughts/experiences make you forget about your chest completely? Yeah it's a downer when you remember "oh, those things!" and it all comes back, but during the interval (music? dance? exercise? meditation?) the problem was gone. Maybe do more of those things.

In the longer term, there is reduction surgery. Personally I'm scared of the knife but the ops get better and better each year.

Have a better day!

3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is info about binding on this site, just have to look around for it a bit. Look in the Gender Identity and Expression part.

And while exercising and losing weight won't fix everything. Being able to be healthy and active will help you feel a little better about yourself. Sometimes it is the little victories that lift up the spirits more than we think.

Keep in mind that you can still dress in a masculine way even without binding or surgery. I understand it will not be perfect, but with the exercising it will be a step in the right direction. A few little wins here and there add up to big wins later on.

Lastly, keep you head up and know that you are not alone in how you feel. There are people that have been thru it before and can help you. It will get better, just keep hanging in there.

4. Fulldarknostars

Yep. It's like a cruel cosmic joke. If possible, I would gladly give my breast to someone who wants a pair.

Agreed. Losing the weight I've already lost (about 28 lbs) is making me feel better about myself in general but it certainly won't fix things. I've been thinking that I might talk to a psychologist about this when I've lost the rest of the weight I need to lose to reach my weight goal. Not sure if I dare to though.

I'd say I'm dressing quite androgynously, which is what I want, but it's not good enough. Like you said, losing further weight will be a step in the right direction but I don't think I'll ever be OK with my chest unless I bind or get top surgery (either a breast reduction or to remove them completely).

Thank you.

5. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Fulldarknostars. I have small boobs which I also hate. When I was younger I used to get teased mercilessly. There were times when I thought if I had bigger boobs maybe I would feel better about being born a woman.

I have now realised that my disconnection is due the fact I feel no gender at all. I'm am going to change my name to something neutral, however over the last few days I've been wondering about whether I could get a mastectomy.

Until recently I had thought about the idea because of a tattoo I want. What I want would go from my collarbone to my waist and quite frankly boobs would get in the way.

Now I've realised I'm agender, again I find myself thinking about it. Though I always swore to myself I would never get an operation unless it was absolutely necessary. So now I'm left wondering if my mental well-being would improve if they were removed.

Well done on your weight loss progress. It might be a good idea to talk your feelings through with a psychologist just to work out which may be the best path for you to take.

You are not alone. Feel free to post on my wall if you ever need to talk.

6. Fulldarknostars

Thank you, NerdByNature. I know I'm not alone but I feel very alone. I find the whole situation incredibly confusing and it hurts (I've spent a lot of time crying today). The dysphoria hurts. My brain telling me I'm not cis and then telling me I'm probably just imagining not being cis hurts. It's all very complicated. I guess I don't really mind if other people think of me as a woman (as long as I get to present androgynously and look androgynous) and I'd like to be able to identify as bi/gay (but maybe I could do that even if I identified as non-binary) but I don't fully feel like a woman and I'm quite sure I'm some kind of non-binary. It's all very confusing and I feel stupid. I'm rambling. Does any of this make sense or am I just being weird?

Sorry for all the pessimism.

Anyway, thank you for the encouragement. I hope you find a way to be happy with your chest. I hope we both do.

7. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing wrong with how you feel and no need to feel stupid. You're not rambling and you're not being weird. You're hurting.

And yes you can be non-binary and bi/gay.

I wish I could give you a hug. I am so sorry this is causing you so much distress. And I know how sometimes our own thoughts are our worst enemy.

If you ever need to talk please post on my wall. I'll see it quicker than a reply to a thread.

8. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also very large breasted and have a difficult time embracing my male half because of it. No amount of binding can hide these girls (G-cup). I'm having breast reduction done so that I can still have D boobs to keep my female half happy, but so that I can be small enough to effectively bind so I can make my male half happy.

I have straight hips, like a guy. For a long time I let myself get really fat because it gave me the illusion of hips. I'm now on a 130-pound weight loss plan (almost halfway there!) and I plan to wear padded underwear to give me hips when my girl needs them.

Yes, there are ways to make it work when you're non-binary. It's not as satisfying as I imagine being able to be all male or all female. but I'm starting to come to terms with this middle ground where I live. It's not my ideal, but it works for me at the moment.

9. Saminthenile

I stumbled across this website on google and found this thread and honestly it's like I could have written it myself. I have been struggling with all these same feelings more or less for ... I don't even know how long now? The only difference is I don't mind my breasts - I feel the way you do about your breasts, but about my vag.

Anyway, I wish I had some advice to offer but I don't, I guess I just wanted to sympathise and reach out to someone who sounds like they're going through pretty similar feelings

Good luck on your journey

10. Fulldarknostars

Thank you for the replies, Cailan and Saminthenile. Sorry to hear you're experiencing similar things but good to hear I'm not alone. What do you do to feel better when you're experiencing dysphoria?

NerdByNature, I tried posting on your wall but it turns out I need to post a few more comments/replies in threads before I'm allowed to. Stay tuned.

#10 Fulldarknostars, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  11. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Disliking your chest does not necessarily mean you are trans. I think there are plenty of cis women with large breasts that would much prefer they be smaller and experience distress because of it. Not that I'm saying you aren't trans, especially if one of your reasons for disliking your chest is that it makes you look "female". That if definitely an indicator. If you also have other issues towards your assigned gender you may very well be trans*. That being said, you can bind even if you aren't trans if it would make you feel better about yourself. Even if you decide to bind before you're sure of your gender, you could probably justify it by saying they get in the way or are uncomfortable or you don't like people staring.

12. Fulldarknostars

I know. I'm confused about the whole thing but I suspect I'm some kind of non-binary. I reckon I would know for sure that I'm female and that I'd feel a strong connection to that gender if I was cis, don't you think? Instead I've asked myself why I don't feel like a girl/woman ever since I was a child. I'm OK with female pronouns, I'm OK with my female name, and I do feel feminine sometimes (and like something undefined the rest of the time) but saying that I'm exclusively female feels wrong to me. Having breasts (especially a large pair like the ones I have) clash with how I view myself in my head. It makes me look female in a very obvious way, which I don't like. If I existed in a vacuum and didn't have to worry about anything or anyone else, I'd be flat-chested (either completely or with tiny breasts) and I'd just be me, not defined by a gender. Do you know what I mean? It's difficult to explain.

#12 Fulldarknostars, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  13. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I can relate to being not always female and not always male... or not being sure... So I identify as bigender.... and how i figured it out was tracking how I felt each day for a while... like what gender I am I today...? and then also asking the question if I were female only for the rest of my life would I be happy? if i was suddenly male tomorrow in a man's body would I be happy? would I be happy identifying as androgyne? For me I couldn't see myself as just female, male or androgyne/both genders at once... for me I fluctuate and I have to navigate that. I also asked myself if i had ever felt female.

For dysphoria (male specifically) I try to accept my body and remind myself that whatever I am feeling my body looks like is true (your mental map of what you body looks like)... also I try to not focus or just ignore my boobs...

14. Fulldarknostars

Thank you for the reply, StormyVale. Unlike you I don't think I usually wake up feeling female or some other gender. I usually don't really think of myself in terms of gender, though I sometimes find myself feeling more masculine or more feminine sometimes. I usually just think of myself as me. That I'm just a person who happens to have "female body parts" and hates their chest because it makes them look "too female". Do you know what I mean? It's complicated and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever figure it out. Who knows, maybe it'll turn out I'm a cis woman who just really hates having breasts (like Rickystarr mentioned) and don't really have a strong connection to their assigned gender. Or maybe I'm agender. Or maybe I'm genderfluid. Or maybe I'm androgyne. Or maybe I'm something else.

If people were to ask me if I'm a woman I'd say "yes" because that's what they see when they look at me (plus, saying that I'm not a woman feels partly wrong) but in my head I'd say "I don't know" because I never know. I don't know how I will ever know.

I should stop rambling.

15. Saminthenile

Honestly, I'm pretty lucky that my body is already fairly androgynous, so a baggy hoodie and jeans just-a-little-too-big have always been my armor. This last summer, I started binding a little bit here and there, wondering if it would relieve some of the feelings. It didn't, because my feelings aren't focused on my chest, but I do still enjoy binding from time to time. I just started quietly doing it without mentioning it to anyone, and though some people did notice, no one pressed me too hard for questions? I'm very careful who I bind around, however.

Also recently my partner and I started exploring with strapons, and actually that has been very good for a sense of relief. I'm considering purchasing a packer.

Mostly though I just lay down and tell myself it's not "real" dysphoria and wait for it to pass. I'm trying to get over this however bc I realize it's a shitty, harmful mindset to have and I need to stop holding myself to different standards as I do others.

I also changed my name, even while I still identified as cis. This was also a big part of relieving some discomfort, as my name was very naturally feminine. Some people in my life were resistant at first, but many came around and agreed the new name fits much better. Strangers have had an easier time remembering it too.