1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The red demon has arrived, my fellow trans boiz

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Random Ross 1, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Well, my first red demon has arrived. I am waaaaaay to dysphoric to call it a period, I am cringing as I type the word, so for now it is a red demon. I cannot stand the thought of telling my mom. I am not out to her yet, and for lots of reasons. I do NOT want to hear her say, "MY LITTLE GIRL IS BECOMING A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!!!" or, "THIS IS YOUR BODY'S WAY OF PREPARING YOU TO BE A MOTHER!!!!" I don't think I will be able to to hold back my "stfu." The weird part is I had no *cringes in dysphoria p-pms symptoms leading up to this. I'm only starting to get cramps when it's happening now. Screw it. It's PDS now. Pre Demon Syndrome. And the flow was so light at first I wasn't even sure if it was a red demon, or just some pre demon voodoo shit. I'm still not even 100% sure. Well, fml and byeeee, boiz.:help:

#1 Random Ross 1, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  2. Saminthenile

I want to hug you I know how much that shit super sucks - it always seems to get worse when the demon's in town for me, too. Bleh.

Maybe if you tell your mom "I'm feeling really shitty right now, so please don't make a big deal about it, but I'm bleeding." she'll understand and heed your advice without asking a million questions or getting too fawn-y. If you need supplies, ask, but hopefully you can work all that out with minimal gender-interaction. There are some supplies that are marketed in a more neutral way that may help.

Here's to hoping your demon is a brief visitor

3. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel with you! I know how much this sucks and I understand that talking about it seems even worse. As Saminthenile said, you could ask your mother not to freak out about it. She will probably understand because lots of women find "the demon" annoying too.

I'd really advise you to talk to your mum. When I first started bleeding, I kept it a secret for about a year because I was so uncomfortable. I didn't have strong or regular periods yet but it was really stressful anyway (and in retrospect really stupid :/ ) I didn't dare to buy any products either and therefore stole my mums stuff without making her notice. When I finally talked to her it really wasn't a big deal and she just went to buy products for me.

All the best! Remember that everything will be over again in a few days.

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I too, was dysphoric "when the red demon" first came around. I hated being called a full fledged woman. Yuck. It didn't help that I had extreme pain from the beginning. Sheesh.

I'm sorry this has happened. It is inevitable, and such a pain in the, um, "neck". Do approach your mom, it will make it easier in the long run, rather than going stealth. Just say you don't want to talk much, just give me the supplies. :icon_wink Maybe she will spare you the pain of buying them yourself (if she does the shopping.)

I remember the first time I had to buy supplies...what a god awful day.

Hope you feel better soon!

Sebby45 (*hug*)

#4 Sebby45, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  5. ollconfused

I'm sorry bud, I feel. It sucks, you got this

6. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have experienced shark week as a guy and I understand the dysphoria of it... For me what helped some of the dysphoria was using a menstrual cup because you don't feel it and it is like a tampon (but reusable) and it is not as bulky as pads... although I usually use a thin one for backup... Perhaps look into that?

Also I would suggest telling your mom that you got your period but preface that with you don't want her to say those things you mentioned of "becoming a woman" and "child bearing" stuff... etc... or that you are not excited by having it...

7. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find the red demon highly offensive. It's an unpleasant reminder of my biological gender. I've never wanted children. If I wasn't so terrified of having surgery I would have had something done years ago.

And to add further insult I am now practically getting hounded by my doctors to get a smear. I understand the importance health wise however the whole idea of it totally freaks me out and makes me feel super uncomfortable.

8. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugggghhhhh, I fell to the Communists for the first time when I was like 11...when my mom told me I was becoming a woman I CRIED, I was so distraught.

This can seem like the worst thing to deal with, but you'll find your own tricks to handle it. For me, I keep those small little click tampons in an old mint tin in the bottom of my bag - it's very discrete, which is great because I NEVER want to be caught carrying any Red Flag supplies loose, nor do I want to carry anything that looks like it might hold Red Flag supplies...

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2017 at 03:34 AM ----------

You know, I like the idea of not having to buy supplies with any frequency, so I've considered the cup thing. How is this working out for you? The one thing holding me back is that I hear it's a little more...um, intimate...to get it in place and out again, than tampons...

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sending you lots of love, captain. It sucks, but you got this.

10. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also using a cup and I find it extremely helpful. The main reason is that I just have to change it once in the morning and once at night and can basically forget about shark week in between. And the blood somehow seems "less connected" to me if it's in a cup (weird, I know) :grin:

Putting the cup in sucks in the beginning, but it gets easier and after a few months it doesn't take much longer than putting in a tampon. However it still is a bit more "intimate". If you'd be better off with a cup probably depends on whether you get more general bottom dysphoria or more dysphoria from dealing with shark week.

11. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've got this, man. Every trans-guy knows your pain. Work with your resources, and get the supplies that cause the least amount of dysphoria.

Just a few years at most, and you'll be on T and you won't have to worry about the red demons anymore.