1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Gender Fluid/Bigender AMAB Ever Change?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Snidi, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've felt gender fluid before....but the idea of undergoing hormones/surgery and being potentially oppressed in society on top of that seems not worth it to me. I feel like the necessary thing is to simply deal with that, as I feel 'male' at least 50% of the time anyway... (I think)

Any ideas?

I'd see a gender therapist, but honestly, I have other aspects of my life that need focusing on....and time is important.

2. Krishebble

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am Genderfluid, AMAB, feel agender to female most of the time, and I have no desire to transition. Do feel like you want to transition or do you feel like you are obligated and that you have to? Many Genderfluid people that I have read feel that they would rather change their gender expression when they feel like something different (i.e. Cloths, activities, etc.) and do not feel the need to take hormones or surgery. Some may. I know that I don't want to because I know I can change daily.

But the most important thing is to figure yourself out. If something doesn't fit, keep exploring till you find what is right for you

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It does seem like society pushes us to go the whole nine yards. Let's face it: a lot of people are more comfortable with beautiful women who love men and handsome men who love men or equally beautiful women.

For me, the opposite: I'd love to change my body, but not necessarily live as a woman 24/7. That would seem just as limiting, and yeah, unless you are a trans woman, there aren't many good reasons to do it.

What would you like to do? Or as someone else once said, what are you willing to live with/out?