1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why is it ok for men to go topless???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TransParkie, Mar 19, 2017.

1. TransParkie

Here's another perspective to a question posted on a different thread..

Men stood up back in the late 1920's and early 1930's and basically told society ENOUGH! we refuse to wear these full body woolen swim suits anymore! While women were only (over many years) allowed by society to modify their swimsuits from the full body woolen bloomers to a very modest one piece, then several years later in to todays two-piece. Still when compared to what the men in our society were allowed to do all at once? basically the women got a raw deal on a lot of peoples opinion today. Since those early days when men stood up and told society "NO"?? men have been able to not only swim in just shorts, they are also socially allowed to be topless most anywhere in public. Women on the other hand are NOT allowed to expose their breasts in public at all with but a few exception. Why is this so??? When most trans folk (and the medical community) know good and well that men are perfectly able to grow breasts (and still go topless in public) as well as have those breasts produce milk. So what's all the fuss about? I mean, when was the last time you saw some middle aged guy, with a couple of "D" cup man-boobs sit back on his lounger? on the beach on a summers day, and never get hassled by anyone... While a nice young girl in her mid 20's or so gets ticketed or jailed if she went topless on that same beach with her sporty "A" or "B" cups? now THAT'S inequality in my book.............. because the only difference is Male vs. Female.......

So my question is why??? I mean they both cover their genitals..... and breasts are for feeding children, not necessarily for sex, as to stimulation? both men and women can be blessed with sensitive nipples....
    So what's the big deal?

thanks
    Michelle

#1 TransParkie, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017