1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A different view of myself

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Casey221B, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Casey221B

It seems like when I look at myself it's like I'm seeing myself as more masculine. It's really hard to explain, but it's like how I see myself is literally changing. Has anyone else felt like this?

2. Esteban

I feel like this one day or another, today for example, but as things are a little clearer for me, I understand a little bit what is happening (the bad thing is that I do not have men's clothes to wear) ;-; ;-;

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you mean. I look in the mirror and I always feel like something is wrong. Like I am not who I am supposed to be. That people don't know who I really am because of this. Like I am hiding some secret part of me.

Best way I can describe it.

Sebby45

4. covert direwolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I look at myself in a similar way. I am a lesbian, though and fantasize about taking on more stereotypically masculine roles, so that could be the explanation for me. I had to go to a bridesmaid dress fitting for my mom's wedding a few days ago, and it was terrible. The whole time I was just thinking, 'Can't I just wear a suit?' Apparently, those events are supposed to be fun, but I'm just rambling now. Anyways, yes, I know how you feel and it's confusing, but I don't really think it matters all too much. If labels are your thing, then you might be bigender. However, for me, I'm fine identifying as a female, partly for the reason of having to come out for another thing in addition to coming out as a lesbian. I do get really annoyed when people make feminine comments about me such as, 'Let's let the guys lift all the heavy stuff. Us girls will sit back and watch.' I hate to be viewed as weak in any way, shape, or form, so when I hear stuff like that, it infuriates me. Do you feel this way as well? It wasn't always like this for me, but I've always been a little bit tomboyish.